Property/Business Interruption Insurance for Riots/Insurrections for Pain Clinics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased a rider for their businesses for property loss/business interruption for riots, insurrections, and mass civil disobedience? It's much more expensive than I anticipated.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any reason you feel the need to purchase this? It seems enormously unlikely to be needed unless you’re in a mall or next to the capitol of a major city. Might as well buy volcano insurance.

Any reason you feel the need to purchase this? It seems enormously unlikely to be needed unless you’re in a mall or next to the capitol of a major city. Might as well buy volcano insurance.

My former clinic is in CHAZ. It has been boarded up and vandalized for weeks. If I was still working out of there, I'd be shut down completely. I originally left becauae the Democrat run city was happy with allowing junkies to sleep and shoot up at the front door of my clinic. Also happy to provide said junkies with free syringes and needles to do so. Paid for by my taxes. Also happy to allow them to piss in the entrance of my front door.

There are no Volcanos in Seattle proper (though we do have Mt. St. Helens to the south), but there are leftist democrats which destroy property, loot stores, burn down police vehicles, commandeer private property and taxpayer funded resources, set up borders and check points, and induce lawlessness and mayhem.

Here is the Nordstrom's global flagship 2 blocks from my former clinic. Those are police vehicles that somehow spontaneously ignited during a "peaceful" democrat "protest"

The 100% Democrat led Seattle government has voluntarily ceeded land and law to these thugs. This government, to which I and hundreds of thousands of other law abiding citizens pay tax, has failed to provide even the most basic law and order and in fact surrendered to their own leftist children.

This is why some of us are interested in such insurance. Because lawlessness, violence and anarchy, because Democrats.

1592101285712.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Oh
My former clinic is in CHAZ. It has been boarded up and vandalized for weeks. If I was still working out of there, I'd be shut down completely. I originally left becauae the Democrat run city was happy with allowing junkies to sleep and shoot up at the front door of my clinic. Also happy to provide said junkies with free syringes and needles to do so. Paid for by my taxes. Also happy to allow them to piss in the entrance of my front door.

There are no Volcanos in Seattle proper (though we do have Mt. St. Helens to the south), but there are leftist democrats which destroy property, loot stores, burn down police vehicles, commandeer private property and taxpayer funded resources, set up borders and check points, and induce lawlessness and mayhem.

Here is the Nordstrom's global flagship 2 blocks from my former clinic. Those are police vehicles that somehow spontaneously ignited during a "peaceful" democrat "protest"

The 100% Democrat led Seattle government has voluntarily ceeded land and law to these thugs. This government, to which I and hundreds of thousands of other law abiding citizens pay tax, has failed to provide even the most basic law and order and in fact surrendered to their own leftist children.

This is why some of us are interested in such insurance. Because lawlessness, violence and anarchy, because Democrats.

View attachment 309917
God, you are the biggest drama queen ever. If you hate Seattle so bad leave already...same old bitching as usual

Ummm, yeah, volcano insurance, that's definitely a real concern for me too...like when St. Helen's erupted and it shut things down for weeks...

But, back to the original topic, we're living in an era where independent businesses are being targeted and business owners are being harassed. I'd like some insurance against damage caused by the radical left.

1592104905572.png

Oh

God, you are the biggest drama queen ever. If you hate Seattle so bad leave already...same old bitching as usual

Let me ask you, would you WELCOME it if your business was vandalized and shut down due to leftist violence? Are you telling me you'd LIKE IT? Or are you telling me that you'd support it? Do you own a business? Do you have staff on your payroll? Can you look at that photo of three police vehicles ablaze and the Nordtrom's flagship beeing looted by leftists and tell me that I"m being dramatic? Is that a normal, welcome and civilized situation you see in that photo? Do you think your patients would travel to Seattle to see you at your clinic knowing this is going on?

As far as leaving, can you tell me where I can move to and expect civilized behavior and law and order to be enforced? Do I have to pay extra for that?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Ummm, yeah, volcano insurance, that's definitely a real concern for me too...like when St. Helen's erupted and it shut things down for weeks...

But, back to the original topic, we're living in an era where independent businesses are being targeted and business owners are being harassed. I'd like some insurance against damage caused by the radical left.

View attachment 309922

There is no damage caused by the radical left, ask lonelobo. She will personally talk to your employees when your clinic is burned down and let them know not to worry, their paychecks will magically arrive in the mail as per usual.

Last edited:
Let me ask you, would you WELCOME it if your business was vandalized and shut down due to leftist violence? Are you telling me you'd LIKE IT? Or are you telling me that you'd support it? Do you own a business? Do you have staff on your payroll? Can you look at that photo of three police vehicles ablaze and the Nordtrom's flagship beeing looted by leftists and tell me that I"m being dramatic? Is that a normal, welcome and civilized situation you see in that photo? Do you think your patients would travel to Seattle to see you at your clinic knowing this is going on?

As far as leaving, can you tell me where I can move to and expect civilized behavior and law and order to be enforced? Do I have to pay extra for that?
Red states are a good place to start. Usually you pay less because they don't tax you into oblivion and there isn't an ocean nearby.

I have an idea. Divide the city of Seattle in half, with the "f-cops" crowd, along with their hippie, privileged snowflake sympathizers on one side and a police and national guard patrolled capitalist free market on the other side.

You could put up a wall to protect the hippies from the horrible cops and from the unfairness of capitalism. They can make it paradise!

View attachment 309917

its mt rainier you need to worry about, not mt st. helens.

it is singularly laughable that you guys think that red states like alabama, arkansas, kentucky, etc are some economic utopia. if not for wealthy blue states, the south would literally be a second world country. you can thank hollywood, silicon valley, and wall street for the economic engine that drives our country. if you want poor schools, high crime rate, underfunded social services, etc, then by all means head to where the guns come out and the confederate flags fly high.

look, the looting and anti-cop fervor is out of control and counter-productive, but have some perspective FFS.

Members don't see this ad :)
its mt rainier you need to worry about, not mt st. helens.

it is singularly laughable that you guys think that red states like alabama, arkansas, kentucky, etc are some economic utopia. if not for wealthy blue states, the south would literally be a second world country. you can thank hollywood, silicon valley, and wall street for the economic engine that drives our country. if you want poor schools, high crime rate, underfunded social services, etc, then by all means head to where the guns come out and the confederate flags fly high.

look, the looting and anti-cop fervor is out of control and counter-productive, but have some perspective FFS.

Isn't Paducah, KY a very prosperous place for IPM? I know a friend in Little Rock, AR that has a THRIVING private practice and doesn't worry AT ALL about damage to his business by the radical left (Or, volcanos for that matter).

I mean if we’re speaking purely statistically and like an actuary. It’s extremely unlikely that a volcano or “leftist riots” will affect anyone in this forum. Just like a volcano. Statistically nobody here will be affected in your lifetime. If y’all want to waste money because of your preconceived bias’ and media driven bogeymen that’s cool. But let’s not pretend it’s absurd to question.

Reactions: 1 user
I mean if we’re speaking purely statistically and like an actuary. It’s extremely unlikely that a volcano or “leftist riots” will affect anyone in this forum. Just like a volcano. Statistically nobody here will be affected in your lifetime. If y’all want to waste money because of your preconceived bias’ and media driven bogeymen that’s cool. But let’s not pretend it’s absurd to question.

Then why is it so expensive? The risk should be priced for less than pennies on the dollar but it is not...in fact, civil insurrection is explicitly EXCLUDED from my current policy.

There are people on this forum with goats, boats, race cars, and businesses. I think all of them would be pissed off if rioters vandalized their stuff while shouting slogans like "Defund the police, Medicare for All, Environmental Justice Now, and Biden for President!"

How should anyone with those kinds of assets protect/insure them?

Oh

1. Mt. St. Helens is very near drusso and I. Very unlikely but happened.
2. Riots are affecting my business even outside seattle, staff, clinic, patients directly right now.

Agree it is unlikely, but it happens, I am a victim of this right now. I think he insurance question is reasonable.

Last edited:
Then why is it so expensive? The risk should be priced for less than pennies on the dollar but it is not...in fact, civil insurrection is explicitly EXCLUDED from my current policy.

There are people on this forum with goats, boats, race cars, and businesses. I think all of them would be pissed off if rioters vandalized their stuff while shouting slogans like "Defund the police, Medicare for All, Environmental Justice Now, and Biden for President!"

Wait, are you telling me these rioters are not Republicans?

To be honest I agree it should be cheap because of how unlikely it is. The only thing I can think is that maybe it’s such a vague thing that they’re worried people could apply. to other situations (e.g. a disgruntled patient tearing up an office)

To be honest I agree it should be cheap because of how unlikely it is. The only thing I can think is that maybe it’s such a vague thing that they’re worried people could apply. to other situations (e.g. a disgruntled patient tearing up an office)
Do we know if CHAZ has universal healthcare yet? How is licensing there? Do they require two mbb prior to RFA?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

There are people on this forum with goats, boats, race cars, and businesses. I think all of them would be pissed off if rioters vandalized their stuff while shouting slogans like "Defund the police.

2nd Amendment rights.

No. You just go straight to pulsed RF of the MB. It's complete anarchy.

If Chaz means no prior auth I’ll take over Ligament’s clinic...

and what makes you sure it is the radical left democrats and not people randomly deciding on an economic opportunity?

fwiw, at almost all these sites that suffered unfortunate damage, it is opportunists - left and right - that do the damage after more peaceful protests...

Well your business was not vandalized, you said your " former clinic"...whatever that means.

You act like the whole city is on fire ? My friend that lives there says it is a very isolated section of downtown which doesn't affect great majority of people.

You have been saying Seattle is the worst place to live in for many years, but you continue to live there?
A Doctor has no ability to move to another part of the country?

You bitch about immigrants
You bitch about medicare( And dropped out I believe)

This is just your latest bitch session

Everything is the Democrats fault in your eyes

Well your business was not vandalized, you said your " former clinic"...whatever that means.

You act like the whole city is on fire ? My friend that lives there says it is a very isolated section of downtown which doesn't affect great majority of people.

You have been saying Seattle is the worst place to live in for many years, but you continue to live there?
A Doctor has no ability to move to another part of the country?

You bitch about immigrants
You bitch about medicare( And dropped out I believe)

This is just your latest bitch session

Everything is the Democrats fault in your eyes

It affects multiple square blocks of residential and commercial property. Those people cannot run their business or access their homes normally or at all in some circumstances. Streets blocked off and graffiti everywhere. Who says it has to "affect the great majority of people" for lawlessness and anarchy to matter? Are you saying that all people who live in and do business in CHAZ welcome this disruption? No, they do not. Would you like your home/business cordoned off by a leftist hostile takeover? Seriously, if the streets around your home or business were taken over like this and law and order evicted, would you welcome that? How about your patients trying to get to your clinic? Where are they going to park? What if they abhor this lawlessness and violence and personally do not agree with the leftist agenda? Do you think they'd feel safe visiting your clinic?

I have multiple friends, business owners and residents who live in or near CHAZ who are terrified. They cannot speak up or protest against this occupation lest their homes or businesses be attacked or burned.

I have a home, family and business in Seattle. I cannot move, and don't have the time or energy to start another business from scratch. When I first moved to Seattle it was a leftist but tolerable city in which there was general law and order. It was very clean. Now, look at it.

You like Medicare?

Not everything is the Democrat's fault, but CHAZ and the nationwide riots certainly are. Democratic cities, Democratic mayors and Governors have allowed and often encouraged this lawlessness to happen nation-wide. Democratic voters are the rioters, not Libertarians nor Republicans.

You look at this video and tell me if you had a business or lived in this area you would love it or not. This was filmed YESTERDAY. Also, check out the police precinct.

Last edited:
It affects multiple square blocks of residential and commercial property. Those people cannot run their business or access their homes normally or at all in some circumstances. Streets blocked off and graffiti everywhere. Who says it has to "affect the great majority of people" for lawlessness and anarchy to matter? Are you saying that all people who live in and do business in CHAZ welcome this disruption? No, they do not. Would you like your home/business cordoned off by a leftist hostile takeover? Seriously, if the streets around your home or business were taken over like this and law and order evicted, would you welcome that? How about your patients trying to get to your clinic? Where are they going to park? What if they abhor this lawlessness and violence and personally do not agree with the leftist agenda? Do you think they'd feel safe visiting your clinic?

I have multiple friends, business owners and residents who live in or near CHAZ who are terrified. They cannot speak up or protest against this occupation lest their homes or businesses be attacked or burned.

I have a home, family and business in Seattle. I cannot move, and don't have the time or energy to start another business from scratch. When I first moved to Seattle it was a leftist but tolerable city in which there was general law and order. It was very clean. Now, look at it.

I bitch about illegal invaders who enter our country illegally. Such people are not immigrants. I welcome legal immigrants of course. My family immigrated here not long ago, legally.

You like Medicare?

Not everything is the Democrat's fault, but CHAZ and the nationwide riots certainly are. Democratic cities, Democratic mayors and Governors have allowed and often encouraged this lawlessness to happen nation-wide. Democratic voters are the rioters, not Libertarians nor Republicans.

You look at this video and tell me if you had a business or lived in this area you would love it or not. This was filmed YESTERDAY. Also, check out the police precinct.

I'm amazed at how complacent people are to blindly accept an unknown, unaccountable group making decisions for them in this "zone". It may take a few weeks but I bet crime will gravitate to this area. Then I guess it's just a question of whether the mayor and governor get re-elected.

I bitch about illegal invaders who enter our country illegally. Such people are not immigrants. I welcome legal immigrants of course. My family immigrated here not long ago, legally.

You like Medicare?

Your current experience is soon to be the future reality for people living in many coastal cities.

Well it continually ranks as one of the top 10 cities to live in? So I guess most don't agree with you and I have news for you Seattle's ideological beliefs are not changing anytime soon.

So I assume Asian immigrants from your previous posts, you do know Trump is trying to curb our current Legal immigration system( thanks Stephen Miller ). Might have very well effected your in-laws if had previously been enacted

You like Medicare?

MEDICARE is actually fine I know what I get paid and they pay on time, no prior auth to mess with, bet you could have used that Money they gave as part the CARES act to providers , Right?

I agree majority are probably Democratic leaning, but that is because Minorities are overwhelmingly Democratic and they have a reason to be pissed off
Surprised you didn't throw out the ANTIFA myth.
Who do you think the Boogaloo boys vote for?
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
My friend attended the Chaz protests on Sunday. She said the atmosphere is mellow, lots of singing/painting and free food. Also a free Ben & Jerry’s truck. Maybe the rioting starts when they run out of Chunky Monkey? Some white guys approached the barricade with guns but they were successfully turned away by the security hired to protect the protestors.

My friend attended the Chaz protests on Sunday. She said the atmosphere is mellow, lots of singing/painting and free food. Also a free Ben & Jerry’s truck. Maybe the rioting starts when they run out of Chunky Monkey? Some white guys approached the barricade with guns but they were successfully turned away by the security hired to protect the protestors.

There is no such thing as "free..." That food costs someone time, resources, and labor...

She should visit at night.

There is no such thing as "free..." That food costs someone time, resources, and labor...

Lol is that what you said as a resident when someone offered you free food?

Lol is that what you said as a resident when someone offered you free food?

No. That is what he said when he was fresh out of the womb and the hospital tried to give him a bottle of free milk

Well it continually ranks as one of the top 10 cities to live in? So I guess most don't agree with you and I have news for you Seattle's ideological beliefs are not changing anytime soon.

So I assume Asian immigrants from your previous posts, you do know Trump is trying to curb our current Legal immigration system( thanks Stephen Miller ). Might have very well effected your in-laws if had previously been enacted

You like Medicare?

MEDICARE is actually fine I know what I get paid and they pay on time, no prior auth to mess with, bet you could have used that Money they gave as part the CARES act to providers , Right?

I agree majority are probably Democratic leaning, but that is because Minorities are overwhelmingly Democratic and they have a reason to be pissed off
Surprised you didn't throw out the ANTIFA myth.
Who do you think the Boogaloo boys vote for?

How could anyone not feel sorry for people who had nothing to do George Floyd's murder nor the establishment/maintenance of racist institutions having their property and businesses destroyed? I feel so sorry for those people. Some of those people are our colleagues. How would you like it if some angry Leftist destroyed your real estate?

Reactions: 4 users
Agree 100% drusso. The total lack of empathy or care for the many innocent lives lost, the innocent black and white officers killed, the businesses and livelihoods burned to the ground, the 1000's of people sent to the hospital and on and on is nauseating. And people all over the internet are dismissing it, justifying it or even worse supporting it. It's even worse when your elected officials turn a blind eye. They are failing on a exponential level to do the most important thing they were elected to do, maintain law and order and protect their citizens.

Reactions: 5 users
How could anyone not feel sorry for people who had nothing to do George Floyd's murder nor the establishment/maintenance of racist institutions having their property and businesses destroyed? I feel so sorry for those people. Some of those people are our colleagues. How would you like it if some angry Leftist destroyed your real estate?
I continue to be amazed/horrified at how jealousy makes people want harm to come to you and your business. They justify it by saying "you didn't build that!".

We're at an unfortunate pivot-shift in society right now and our problems are largely driven by an addiction to social media.

Agree 100% drusso. The total lack of empathy or care for the many innocent lives lost, the innocent black and white officers killed, the businesses and livelihoods burned to the ground, the 1000's of people sent to the hospital and on and on is nauseating. And people all over the internet are dismissing it, justifying it or even worse supporting it. It's even worse when your elected officials turn a blind eye. They are failing on a exponential level to do the most important thing they were elected to do, maintain law and order and protect their citizens.
if only we, as a nation, had shown empathy to minorities, particularly blacks, long ago instead of ignoring it or justifying it as "well, it was only one bad apple". we would never have gotten to the point of damaging other innocent lives - only the ones hurt and killed by systemic racism...

• Hmm
if only we, as a nation, had shown empathy to minorities, particularly blacks, long ago instead of ignoring it or justifying it as "well, it was only one bad apple". we would never have gotten to the point of damaging other innocent lives - only the ones hurt and killed by systemic racism...

That's racist. Show empathy equally to all.

i havent heard any leaders condoning or encouraging the looting, vandalism, etc. in fact, all i have heard from black leadership is to stop the lawbreaking.

i wouldnt use "people on the internet" as a gauge of the society's views. lots of internet tough guys out there who are living in mom's basement at home.

those breaking the law should be accountable. no doubt about it.

here is some food for thought, however: if everyone should be punished for breaking the law, why does the president not get the same treatement? if peaceful protesting is ok, then why did the protesters get tear gassed and shot with rubber bullets outside the white house? it really starts at the top.....

i havent heard any leaders condoning or encouraging the looting, vandalism, etc. in fact, all i have heard from black leadership is to stop the lawbreaking.

i wouldnt use "people on the internet" as a gauge of the society's views. lots of internet tough guys out there who are living in mom's basement at home.

here is some food for thought, however: if everyone should be punished for breaking the law, why does the president not get the same treatement? if peaceful protesting is ok, then why did the protesters get tear gassed and shot with rubber bullets outside the white house? it really starts at the top.....
Which president? Clinton, Obama, Bush, OMB? How about Hilary and her emails? They are all corrupt.

Which president? Clinton, Obama, Bush, OMB? How about Hilary and her emails? They are all corrupt.

another false equivalence. personal politics aside; if you equate hillary's emails with everything trump has done, then your position is nonsense.

it is sort of like when another poster said that the penalty for a DUI should be the same as murder. you lose credibility when you make such ridiculous claims.

The CHAZmanians won't heed calls from black leaders or anyone for that matter. They are collectivists. They abhor individual accountability. They crave "more free stuff."

The CHAZmanians won't heed calls from black leaders or anyone for that matter. They are collectivists. They abhor individual accountability. They crave "more free stuff."

the CHAZ movement is so anti-drusso. i dont like it either, but it is the polar opposite of everything you stand for.

the CHAZ movement is so anti-drusso. i dont like it either, but it is the polar opposite of everything you stand for.

These protest movements have predictable historical arcs. Just wait. There will be concentration of decision-making into the hands of a few ideologically "pure-thinking" individuals "true to the cause" who "get it." Then, there will emerge counter sub-groups who question the ideology of the leaders or don't want to be subjugated to another's will or want to reform the cause. That's when the "disappearances" will start...

"And with those victims went the educated and the educators – engineers, scientists, teachers, doctors and healthcare workers. The very people a nation depends upon for its growth and prosperity. Instead of reviving their vision of the great Khmer Empire, the Khmer Rouge betrayed the nation and almost destroyed it."

That's racist. Show empathy equally to all.
unfortunately, institutions have not shown empathy towards minorities.

similar to the retort "don't all lives matter". of course all lives matter, but the imbedded systemic racism does not include black lives part of this mantra, and the phrase implies that we need to maintain the status quo rather than correct societal ills.