Proposal to a hospital

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

painfan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So.....there is a two hospital system here. They don't have a pain program/center currently. I am meeting with the CEO to essentially convince him that his institution can benefit from having a full fledged comprehensive program. Every other hospital in this mid size city has a pain program. This hospital system is in a very good part of town, with a good payor mix.
I am sure a lot of you have set up shop in collaboration/support of a hospital. I was hoping to find some good online sources to assist in coming up with a proposal.

My specific questions are:
1. Do I ask for a "guarantee" for a year till I get "somewhat busy".
2. I would like to do my own billing...but use their space at least in the beginning (i.e their staff, supplies, etc) Is that a reasonable thing to suggest.
3. How do I convince the CEO that having a comprehensive pain program will be lucrative for him.
4. Any other suggestions.

My sincere thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

So.....there is a two hospital system here. They don't have a pain program/center currently. I am meeting with the CEO to essentially convince him that his institution can benefit from having a full fledged comprehensive program. Every other hospital in this mid size city has a pain program. This hospital system is in a very good part of town, with a good payor mix.
I am sure a lot of you have set up shop in collaboration/support of a hospital. I was hoping to find some good online sources to assist in coming up with a proposal.

My specific questions are:
1. Do I ask for a "guarantee" for a year till I get "somewhat busy".
2. I would like to do my own billing...but use their space at least in the beginning (i.e their staff, supplies, etc) Is that a reasonable thing to suggest.
3. How do I convince the CEO that having a comprehensive pain program will be lucrative for him.
4. Any other suggestions.

My sincere thanks in advance!!

A couple of questions. Does the hospital employ primary care providers, orthopedists, or neurosurgeons? Where will your referrals be coming from?

I would vote to set up your practice next to or in Hospital, not to be employed.
tough at first but you are nobody's Bitch.

Members don't see this ad :)
To 101n
Hospital employs primary care docs, there are plenty of spine surgeons in the area

To druso
I hope this CEO wants to pay :)

you can make a hybride - have the hospital label a "XYZ HOspital Spine & Pain Center" and name you as the director - you will do the directorship for free even !!! - but lease the space/control the staff and be your own boss...