Proposal to a hospital

painfan

5+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2010
    So.....there is a two hospital system here. They don't have a pain program/center currently. I am meeting with the CEO to essentially convince him that his institution can benefit from having a full fledged comprehensive program. Every other hospital in this mid size city has a pain program. This hospital system is in a very good part of town, with a good payor mix.
    I am sure a lot of you have set up shop in collaboration/support of a hospital. I was hoping to find some good online sources to assist in coming up with a proposal.

My specific questions are:
    1. Do I ask for a "guarantee" for a year till I get "somewhat busy".
    2. I would like to do my own billing...but use their space at least in the beginning (i.e their staff, supplies, etc) Is that a reasonable thing to suggest.
    3. How do I convince the CEO that having a comprehensive pain program will be lucrative for him.
    4. Any other suggestions.

My sincere thanks in advance!!

101N

Membership Revoked
    Removed
    5+ Year Member
    Apr 7, 2011
    Middle of Oregon
    1. Attending Physician
      So.....there is a two hospital system here. They don't have a pain program/center currently. I am meeting with the CEO to essentially convince him that his institution can benefit from having a full fledged comprehensive program. Every other hospital in this mid size city has a pain program. This hospital system is in a very good part of town, with a good payor mix.
      I am sure a lot of you have set up shop in collaboration/support of a hospital. I was hoping to find some good online sources to assist in coming up with a proposal.

My specific questions are:
      1. Do I ask for a "guarantee" for a year till I get "somewhat busy".
      2. I would like to do my own billing...but use their space at least in the beginning (i.e their staff, supplies, etc) Is that a reasonable thing to suggest.
      3. How do I convince the CEO that having a comprehensive pain program will be lucrative for him.
      4. Any other suggestions.

My sincere thanks in advance!!

A couple of questions. Does the hospital employ primary care providers, orthopedists, or neurosurgeons? Where will your referrals be coming from?

About the Ads

Tenesma

10+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Jun 12, 2002
      1. Attending Physician
        you can make a hybride - have the hospital label a "XYZ HOspital Spine & Pain Center" and name you as the director - you will do the directorship for free even !!! - but lease the space/control the staff and be your own boss...

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.