Proposed Expedited Withdrawl Accreditation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DomoDomo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How bad is this?

Proposed Expedited Withdrawl Accreditation

Members don't see this ad.

Here's how the ACGME defines it:

Expedited Withdraw

Regardless of a programs accreditation status, the Review Committee, following a site-visit and review, may withdraw the accreditation of a program in an expedited process based on clear evidence of noncompliance with accreditation standards as follows:

a) a catastrophic loss of resources, including faculty, facilities, or funding; or

b) egregious noncompliance with accreditation requirements.

It's extreme badness. Any program with this finding is being shut down unless someone rescues it quickly.

Thank you very much for the feedback! I have had 14+ interviews.....are there any good reasons to still go on this interview? I am very keen to match and hate to bypass any opportunity.....but don't want to waste money either. Do programs ever come back or taken over?

Thank you very much for the feedback! I have had 14+ interviews.....are there any good reasons to still go on this interview? I am very keen to match and hate to bypass any opportunity.....but don't want to waste money either. Do programs ever come back or taken over?

Run far and fast from this program. You're not in it yet (your initial post sounded like this was something going on in your program), don't get dragged down w/ it.