Props to ZDoggMD for giving credit to pharmacists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Zdogg is a good dude. His entire "healthcare 3.0" idea is very fascinating. Props to him.

What the hell did I just watch?

?

What is your complaint?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Would be nice if pharmacists had a voice. Seems like most pharmacists with leadership potential are in academia, and a lot of them use their experience to help open new pharmacy schools... I believe chapman pharmacy school has three former APHA presidents working for them lol... also interesting that NCPA chose to have zdogg as their speaker, whose involment in pharmacy is obviously minimal

Reactions: 1 users
Would be nice if pharmacists had a voice. Seems like most pharmacists with leadership potential are in academia, and a lot of them use their experience to help open new pharmacy schools... I believe chapman pharmacy school has three former APHA presidents working for them lol... also interesting that NCPA chose to have zdogg as their speaker, whose involment in pharmacy is obviously minimal

Minimal involvement in pharmacy, sure. He is more focused on the entire healthcare system, and therefore he has a much broader audience and potential to reach more people. He has a very large following via social media... and the fact that he is an MD goes a lot further than just pharmacists patting one another on the back (like typical APhA/NCPA conferences). I'd rather have him speak than the standard dip**** pharmd that is usually up there.

He is constantly putting forth content on social media about healthcare... giving respect to all professions (MDs, RT, RN, Pharmacy, PT, etc). We need more MDs like him.

Reactions: 3 users
I appreciate the message, and I was with him right up until he said pharmacists are top of their license practitioners.

Some are. Most aren't. Maybe one day we will get there.

Reactions: 1 user
Hah. That's great.

Benefit of him speaking at NCPA is that he's going to be putting out more on benefits of RPh and that exposure will be good. Would have been nice if he mentioned hospital RPh even as an aside but oh well.

Also - could he not have picked a better example than calling on furosemide + lisinopril? Who would do that? :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 users
Hah. That's great.

Benefit of him speaking at NCPA is that he's going to be putting out more on benefits of RPh and that exposure will be good. Would have been nice if he mentioned hospital RPh even as an aside but oh well.

Also - could he not have picked a better example than calling on furosemide + lisinopril? Who would do that? :rolleyes:

I think the Furosemide+Lisinopril interaction is high regarded and studied extensively by pgy3-pgy4 trained RPh.

I do think it's remarkable that a doctor would have a good understanding of the struggles of retail rph, seems like he did his research.

Reactions: 1 users

As others said, he at least is in healthcare and has something worthwhile to talk about. Definitely not as dumb as having Peyton Manning and Michelle Obama as keynote speakers. Pretty sure Obama is like $400K for speaking and I am sure Manning was similar.

Reactions: 1 user