pros and cons about choosing WIMU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melat11

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm still unsure if I should apply to WIMU's program. Besides paying as a non-resident if being accepted, can anyone share their insight about this program?

thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm still unsure if I should apply to WIMU's program. Besides paying as a non-resident if being accepted, can anyone share their insight about this program?

thank you!
Hi I'm a 4th year and was originally accepted to Pullman from the out of state pool but have lots of friends who completed years 1&2 in UT. Are you thinking of only applying into the Utah OOS pool and not Pullman? If you get accepted to Pullman OOS last I checked you could still switch residency and then pay IS tuition after 1 year
As for Utah students theres usually ~30 students to a class. Logan is beautiful. There are definitely some differences to the Logan campus like you work with local clinics instead of a teaching hospital for things like getting your required clinical hours years 1&2. However some classes year 2 you get taught remotely. I would say the major draw back is having to move to pullman after year 2 imo just because I think moving is a pain and not my favorite thing but some people dont really mind it. Logan also usually has alot more families that are part of the program than the WSU campus

What more specific questions do you have?

I'm just very unfamiliar about the program. What would be the difference if I choose either non-resident pool from pullman to logan?

I'm just very unfamiliar about the program. What would be the difference if I choose either non-resident pool from pullman to logan?
I recommend checking out the website it's very informative if you havent yet. If you have what more specific questions do you have?
I'm mixed focus and was super involved so I can speak to most aspects of the program. You can also look at the wsu vs OSU thread from a couple years ago. If you have more specific questions about logan I'm happy to ask someone who went to that campus.

As far as applying you'll submit your application and if you get an interview then theyll ask which pool you want to be considered in-Pullman vs Logan or both. Then they offer seats based on preference and some formulation they use (tbh I'm not completely sure how it works put but they have it figured out). If you're accepted to the pullman group you can switch tuition to IS after 1 year and stay in pullman all 4 years however there are less OOS seats at pullman. If you get accepted to Logan then you have to pay 4 years out of state and live 2 years in utah and 2 years in pullman.
For example when I applied I would not have came to the WIMU program if I were to get into the UT side so I chose to only be considered for Pullman campus admission.

I have enjoyed my time here as much as one can enjoy vet school. I think both logan and pullman campuses have their pluses and minuses. At the end of the day you'll be a doctor and the professors really do want you to succeed and care about you as a person. My class is very cohesive, inclusive, and friendly overall. As for the future of the program things are always evolving especially with a new dean and director of admissions so who knows what's in store!