Pros and cons of each school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mathlegend

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whats the pros and cons of each pod school?

And on a different subject, do most accept students if they only complete 3 years of undergrad? (And does that mean you apply during junior year?)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
And on a different subject, do most accept students if they only complete 3 years of undergrad? (And does that mean you apply during sophomore year?)

Personally, I applied after only (2) years of college....I'm currently in my 2nd semester Junior year, I've amassed 105 credits..had no problems securing interview invitations to all the schools I applied to..(DMU, Barry, AZPod, & OCPM).....I ended up choosing OCPM....

My stats aren't bad (3.76 GPA), 20/21 DAT, (MCAT will be taken May 2nd), but I'm sure I'll get over the minimum score required...

Hah oops I think I meant junior year, not sophomore.

That sounds pretty good. I thought it said on AZPod's site that you have to have a bachelor's degree? And I'm thinking of CSPM...really close to where I live :) Still need to do a bit of research on other schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought it said on AZPod's site that you have to have a bachelor's degree?

Yeah, I noticed that on their website too...However, if that were the case, I dunno why they offered me an interview knowing that I wouldn't have a BS degree by the time I enter this year :confused:....It would've been a waste of both their & more importantly, my time...:laugh:

Good luck on admission. AZPod looks like a nice school....

From the aacpm.org website "To enter a college of podiatric medicine, one must first complete at least three years or 90 semester hours of college credit at an accredited institution. Over 95% of the students who enter a college of podiatric medicine have a bachelor' s degree. Many have also completed some graduate study."
Good luck on admission. AZPod looks like a nice school....
I think it's a nice school :D

So it sounds like it's still possible to enter after junior year of undergrad... :)

Anyone have comments about CSPM? I'd really like to go there...Close to home...about 40 min away

I think I'll go to AZPod

The facilities are nice and looks like a normal school

Lol, looks like a normal school. Others dont?

Take a visit to some of the schools

I will, sometime. (in 4 years?) Which one don't look "normal"?

I'm blind! Whoops :)

Anyone have any more opinions?

All of the podiatry schools are more or less the same. They all have the same internal issues for the most part (crappy teachers, no mentoring, disorganized, institutional politics). The real issue in selecting a podiatry school is this: where do you fit the best, and how much do you want to pay to live in the area near school since tution is pretty much the same at each school?

The real issue in selecting a podiatry school is this: where do you fit the best, and how much do you want to pay to live in the area near school since tution is pretty much the same at each school?

I completely agree. The tuition thing is a big deal. I don't want to stay in Iowa. But I would rather save 100k by going there instead of a big city and having that much more debt. This should be a factor, specifically in light of everything that is happening with the economy today. For a lot of things later on in life, you are only as good as your credit score. I am in school to learn about podiatric medicine, and I can make sacrifices now so that I can enjoy things later. I fit in here, and feel comfortable making these choices. Others may not, and that is completely fine. Go where you fit in, but don't be afraid to get out of your comfort zone and take into account the big picture.

Hmm...for me...I guess I'm living in one of the most expensive places in the country...just around SF...so I guess things can't get much worse for me

yes it can. right now it is your parents money. when it is your money, things are different. Unfortunately, I think too many kids these days look at student loans as free money, and are shocked when it is time to start paying them back.

True, true. I guess I'll just see how things turn out in the future...