Pros and Cons of the UC's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sindee1984

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying to the following UC's, but I'm not sure what the pros and cons are for each school. UCLA is my top choice, but only because there's supposedly a lot of fun things to do LA, whereas Davis, for example, is a cow town. Please tell me all the pros and cons you can think of, including location, p/f or letter grade system, recorded lectures, facilities, distance from campus to the hospital, etc, etc...

UCLA
UC Irvine
UC Davis

(I'm not including UCSF or UCSD b/c I doubt I have a chance...)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

nevermind!

I'm applying to the following UC's, but I'm not sure what the pros and cons are for each school. UCLA is my top choice, but only because there's supposedly a lot of fun things to do LA, whereas Davis, for example, is a cow town. Please tell me all the pros and cons you can think of, including location, p/f or letter grade system, recorded lectures, facilities, distance from campus to the hospital, etc, etc...

UCLA
UC Irvine
UC Davis

(I'm not including UCSF or UCSD b/c I doubt I have a chance...)

Thanks!

UCLA is amazing...UCSF is great in research and comm med...UCSD is fantastic school...great location and great curr...UC Davis has student-run clinics (so if you are interested in primary care, its your spot...BTW UCD is moving to Sac in Jan).