Pros/Cons of your theoretical orientation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DharmaBum73

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How about some discussion about your theoretical orientations (ie. Rogerian, existential, solution-focused...etc). Benefits and maybe a brief explaination about why it works for you.

Ok. I'll start. So far I've found Existentialist Therapy very compelling, particularly because it seems to address the universal themes of the human condition. We all are subject to anxieties caused by the awareness of our own pending death, the ultimate lonliness of our inner existance and the complications of our freedoms and coinsiding responsiblities. I have read Nietzche to Yalom and find this experience is shared by us all. My one criticism is it's resistance to some forces beyond our control such as socio-economics and biological determiants that contribute to mental disease. I also have taken into consideration that Existentialism works best as a philosophy and not really a methodology for therapy. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

you're sneaky...

I'm sure you can do your homework yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.