Maforce

7+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
JCO article recently came out titled "Improved Survival With Prostate Radiation in Addition to Androgen Deprivation Therapy for Men With Newly Diagnosed Metastatic Prostate Cancer."
PMID: 27325855

Anyone treating the primary in metastatic setting? Or, do you think this is more hypothesis generating, setting up for phase 3 RCT?

BobbyHeenan

5+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2013
Status
Attending Physician
I'm not treating unless there are symptoms. I believe the phase III trial is in development though through SWOG. I will try to get this at my cancer center, but off study I'm not treating and won't plan to.

Reactions: medgator

shogun0660

10+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
Nice discussion of this paper over on that other radiation website which is not allowed to be mentioned here. Would check that out.

OTN

15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
Visit site
Status
Nice discussion of this paper over on that other radiation website which is not allowed to be mentioned here. Would check that out.
Wait, what site is that? Seriously, I don't know to what you're referring.

With the prostate question, I do think it's interesting data and hypothesis-generating, but I've only been treating local disease in the setting of symptoms.

medgator

15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Curious why it can't be mentioned here?

Reaganite

10+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Gotta say it...that "other" site is sooooo money. Fantastic resource. To have guys like sandler, bradley, turrisi, etc. Answering all these controversial questions is amazing.

Reactions: medgator

Gfunk6

And to think . . . I hesitated
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2004
SF Bay Area
Status
Attending Physician
The Thing cannot be described—there is no language for such abysms of shrieking and immemorial lunacy, such eldritch contradictions of all matter, force, and cosmic order.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Neuronix

Total nerd
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2002
the beach
Status
Attending Physician
I'm not clear where this idea comes from that you can't link to outside sites like themednet. I'll clarify our policy.

SDN generally doesn't allow posts simply to promote something else. Like "Hey, has anyone checked out this website?" or "Come to our new website, it's gonna be awesome." We do allow things like fellowship and job postings only within designated forums (advertisements forums) or the stickied thread in this forum as a service to our readers.

However, if an outside site has a relevant link to a discussion already ongoing, by all means link to it. We are all for the dissemination of information and discussion.

OTN

15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
Visit site
Status
ahhhhh yes TheMedNet, of course. I love that place. Thought there was another forum where we could complain about residency expansion, urologists, etc.

RSAOaky

7+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2012
Status
Medical Student
I'm not treating unless there are symptoms. I believe the phase III trial is in development though through SWOG. I will try to get this at my cancer center, but off study I'm not treating and won't plan to.
There are two trials already accruing/accrued. One is the HORRAD trial out of the Netherlands (http://www.trialregister.nl/trialreg/admin/rctview.asp?TC=271) and the other is a randomized Phase II out of MD Anderson (https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01751438)

Palex80

RAD ON
10+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2007
Europe
Status
Attending Physician
There's an EORTC trial running as well plus the STAMPEDE trial also has a study arm with irradiation of the prostate in metastatic patients.

We will probably have enough data in something like 5-7 years from now from half a dozen of trials.