Prosthodontics or AEGD residency??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentist delight

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have been accepted in the Prosthodontics program at UB (Buffalo) as well as the 2 yr. AEGD program at U of Rochester.As both are ADA recognized programs, which one would be more helpful in obtaining licensure in US?
:confused:

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations on ur success..
R u allowed practice in US after completion of these programs?

Hi Guys,
I have been accepted in the Prosthodontics program at UB (Buffalo) as well as the 2 yr. AEGD program at U of Rochester.As both are ADA recognized programs, which one would be more helpful in obtaining licensure in US?
:confused:

Thanks.

Hello and congratulation on your acceptance. The best program is AEGD at Rochester.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I wanted to apply for masters program in any dental speciality branch like endodontics, orthodontics or prosthodontics. My question is that I have ony BDS degree from my home country & not masters. What are my chances to get accepted in any masters progran releated to dentistry here in US. Because I have heard that if you have masters degree also from your home country then only you get accepted in masters program in US. I have 107 in TOEFL ibt & I am preparing for GRE . PLZ help.......:(
Thanks

As far as I know, u can still practice with AEGD in a limited # of states...even lesser than after a speciality.The licenture requirements keep changing every yr :(
For admission, I did a Masters program in Oral Biology, have 3 yrs of research experience and 5 publications...n then too I was first waitlisted.In short..it is difficult to get directly into clinical programs.

Hello and congratulation on your acceptance. The best program is AEGD at Rochester.

Hi Sweetdentist,

y do u say AEGD is better?
Is it bcoz of tuition difference?do u have any idea whether job opportunities are same after both?