Prosthodontics Residency 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got IV from Boston. ANyone knows how is it? and what do they ask for carving?
can u plz share ur prostho completion date with me. thank u

Members don't see this ad.

Hello
Anyone heard from Tufts, Boston, Harvard, Michigan , Nova and University of Buffalo?
Match ratings should be done by November 17 that means all of them has called out interviews no ?
Please share your experience it's just hard to keep waiting

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello
Anyone heard from Tufts, Boston, Harvard, Michigan , Nova and University of Buffalo?
Match ratings should be done by November 17 that means all of them has called out interviews no ?
Please share your experience it's just hard to keep waiting
ya i think all the universities r done with the iv, if v hv nt heard anything means that its almost lika a rejection nw.

Nobody heard from them yet..Don't know what are they doing..If you participate in match, you can't withdraw after ranking the programs..
Any updates from university of Michigan ?

Hey Everybody , Wanted to ask question and i really appreciate any help, if you want to rank Maryland, Tufts, Balyor and Washington programs based on their strength and reputation only what would be the order ?

Hey Everybody , Wanted to ask question and i really appreciate any help, if you want to rank Maryland, Tufts, Balyor and Washington programs based on their strength and reputation only what would be the order ?
You should not look only for a reputation. Every programs are good and you must look for the program who will fit to your expectation as a resident. Washington is a very good program, but it's very hard to get in.

UMich sent rejection letter today.They are done with interviews and selection of candidates.

Reactions: 1 users
Today is match deadline for prosth. Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Last day guys. God luck and hope every1 gets into their desired program.

Reactions: 1 user
Best of luck everyone
Can anyone who got interviewed please tell us which university it was and what do they ask in the interview and if they require any practical test ?
This would be great if all of us shared our experiences so we can benefit from this group
Best of luck to all

UMich sent rejection letter today.They are done with interviews and selection of candidates.
I got that too
I don't know what are their criteria for choosing
Do u have any idea if they accepted foreign trained dentists ?

Hello
If I wasn't called for any interview do I submit a ranking so I get the post match list for the unfilled positions ??

Hello guys! So I have just accepted a position in my future program (USC), this year is so risky and highly competitive so I decided to accept USC offer and withdraw from match.
"One bird in your hand is better than ten birds in the sky"
Good luck my friends, wish you all success and never give up!

Reactions: 3 users
Hello guys! So I have just accepted a position in my future program (USC), this year is so risky and highly competitive so I decided to accept USC offer and withdraw from match.
Hey..Congratulations..!! Good decision..!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello :)
Congratulations u did the right decision and wish u all the best
Can u please share your experience with us
Where did u graduate from ?and when? Did u take NBdE part one and two? Any research ? Anything special to make our application better ?
What did they ask u in the interview and if there was clinical exam ?
Would really appreciate if you share with us so when we apply next year
Congratulations again

Where are ppl in this group ???
Who got matched hope they can share their experience

Any foreign trained dentist matched at Rutgers?

Best of luck everyone
Can anyone who got interviewed please tell us which university it was and what do they ask in the interview and if they require any practical test ?
This would be great if all of us shared our experiences so we can benefit from this group
Best of luck to all

Hello :)
Congratulations u did the right decision and wish u all the best
Can u please share your experience with us
Where did u graduate from ?and when? Did u take NBdE part one and two? Any research ? Anything special to make our application better ?
What did they ask u in the interview and if there was clinical exam ?
Would really appreciate if you share with us so when we apply next year
Congratulations again
Hi..I got matched to pros program..I am FTD, masters in pros from home country.nbde 1,2 pass,research exp during residency, 2yrs clinical and teaching exp in home country.
My interview was good. Being yourself during interviews is the key!

Hi..I got matched to pros program..I am FTD, masters in pros from home country.nbde 1,2 pass,research exp during residency, 2yrs clinical and teaching exp in home country.
My interview was good. Being yourself during interviews is the key!
Thank you and congratulations for u
Seems like u r really qualified and hopefully u will do great in residency congrats
Did they ask u for a practice exam during interview or it was personal questions ?

Can u share what do they ask in the interview for USC Prosthodontics position ? Is their any waxing or practical exam ?

As a GP who is considering prosth as a specialty, can anybody explain why they would apply to schools like USC, Columbia, Tufts etc?

Prosthodontics is already a financially challenging specialty as it is, and I can't see how the ridiculous tuition these schools charge can be justified in any way.

Thank you and congratulations for u
Seems like u r really qualified and hopefully u will do great in residency congrats
Did they ask u for a practice exam during interview or it was personal questions ?
Yes.There was practical exam(crown preps on #10 and #12, Temporization exercise) and RPD Designing along with personal interview.

Yes.There was practical exam(crown preps on #10 and #12, Temporization exercise) and RPD Designing along with personal interview.
Thank you very much for your response
Can u please tell me how did u prepare for the crown preps and RPD design ? And also what exactly do U mean by Temporization excersise? I'm asking so I can be ready for next year
Best of luck to you and congrats

Can u please tell me how did u prepare for the crown preps and RPD design ? And also what exactly do U mean by Temporization excersise? I'm asking so I can be ready for next year
Being prosthodontist, I didn't have to prepare for it. You can practice on typodont. Temporization means provisionalization, making provisionals on prepared teeth using acrylic resin..All the best!

NOVA sent out interview invites.
Interview on sept 7,8

Upenn sent out interview invites
Interview on Sept 20, 27 or 29.
Hello
Can u kindly tell me what do they ask u in the interview for Nova university ? Was there a wax up? Any prosthodontics related questions or personal ?
Would really appreciate ur reply

Yes ma'am, I did!! I remember it like it was yesterday. I received my acceptance email on September 28, 2016 (as you all know last year was PASS so we heard back earlier than you all will this year). It was one of the best days of my life.
Yes ma'am, I did!! I remember it like it was yesterday. I received my acceptance email on September 28, 2016 (as you all know last year was PASS so we heard back earlier than you all will this year). It was one of the best days of my life.
Hello which university did U get admitted to ? Any idea what they ask for Nova Prosthodontics program interview ?

Hello
Anyone who got interviewed at Nova University can share he experience plz?

Did you get matched? I know a guy who got matched there.
hi. congratulations for residency. i got matched for rutgers. Can u let me know that guys name who got matched for rutgers pros. thank you

Hi Everyone,
I just got an invite from Columbia University. Please let me know if they have any clinical skills assessment test? Anyone who has been there or know anyone who interviewed there before, any help appreciated

Is this for USC or Rutgers?