Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.

protein synthesis: translation

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by siberianhusky88, Jun 21, 2008.

1. siberianhusky88

Pre-Medical
    The aamc's list of topics states that only dna replication and transcription mechanisms will be tested. for what is tested on translation, it does not include the mechanism for translation. Is it safe for me to skim over translation, but not really try to remember nor study it in detail?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Snowy

Snowy Will I ever be a doctor?

Pre-Medical
    Sort of... I believe you don't have to know the mechanism of how the t-rna enzyme moves the codons, but you do have to understand what translation does. The questions dealing with translation usually deal with where it takes place or what would inhibit it (as compared with what inhibits transcription.

By the way, your supposed to post this in the sub-section for mcat study questions.