Proudest Accomplishment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstudent257

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I came across this secondary question:

Please tell us about your proudest accomplishment to date

Potential Answer: I was an RA, and last year my residents had a tough high-school to college transition. Many of them weren't bonding well with one another. A lot of them were from different cultural and backgrounds That year, I spent some time figuring out how I could make them bond. Over time, I realized a lot of what bonding revolves around is mimicking how other cultures interacted with you, say by observing the extent of eye contact throughout conversation and by how close they are to you. By the end of the year, I really helped my residents bond with each other as well as bond with me. . I would consider this my largest accomplishment because I am a very reserved person myself and to think that I made so many connections speaks volumes.

Would this be a lousy accomplishment?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I came across this secondary question:

Please tell us about your proudest accomplishment to date

Potential Answer: I was an RA, and last year my residents had a tough high-school to college transition. Many of them weren't bonding well with one another. A lot of them were from different cultural and backgrounds That year, I spent some time figuring out how I could make them bond. Over time, I realized a lot of what bonding revolves around is mimicking how other cultures interacted with you, say by observing the extent of eye contact throughout conversation and by how close they are to you. By the end of the year, I really helped my residents bond with each other as well as bond with me. . I would consider this my largest accomplishment because I am a very reserved person myself and to think that I made so many connections speaks volumes.

Would this be a lousy accomplishment?

No, not at all. You might want to give some concrete examples about how you helped them bond though.

It sounds good if it's true. I'd take out the different cultures and backgrounds unless you went to a school that would confirm that. A dorm doesn't seem like a place where major cultural gaps cause issues. That's my opinion.

It sounds good if it's true. I'd take out the different cultures and backgrounds unless you went to a school that would confirm that. A dorm doesn't seem like a place where major cultural gaps cause issues. That's my opinion.

Yes, the school I went to is probably one of the most diverse schools (large state school). A lot of my residents were international.