Providing Medicare services to residents at Assisted Living Facilities

MedicineMan99

Family Medicine Attending (DO)
10+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
So I have an idea. Long story short I have connections with the owner of a chain of Assisted Living Facilities in New York state. I am also a Family Physician. This means I cannot diagnose or treat the residents in the facility, as they have their own private doctors.

That being said, I am trying to figure out a way to provide billable services to these residents without being their personal physician. The best example I can come up with is doing Medicare Annual Wellness visits on all the residents. Does anyone have any ideas for other things I can legally provide to these residents and get well-reimbursed by Medicare? Again, these are assisted living facilities- they are not nursing homes or rehab facilities.

Thank you!

michaelrack

All In at the wrong time
10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2007
Memphis TN
Status
Attending Physician
That being said, I am trying to figure out a way to provide billable services to these residents without being their personal physician. The best example I can come up with is doing Medicare Annual Wellness visits on all the residents.

!
that doesn't sound in any way to be ethical. What good does an annual wellness visit do on a patient who has another doc as their personal physician? I personally can not think of any way you can serve this group of patients

OP
MedicineMan99

MedicineMan99

Family Medicine Attending (DO)
10+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
I would, of course, send their primary a summary letter. They'd appreciate it.