MedicalSonata

Friendly Pre-Med, PM me!
10+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Quick question...how exactly do you prove state residency for state medical schools? I mean - I'm studying out of state, but want to return to my homestate for Med school and pay in-state tuition (as well as have the in-state preference for admissions). I return home in the summer to live with my parents in the state, I still retain my voter registration in the state, ect. Is that enough?

RySerr21

i aint kinda hot Im sauna
10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
theyll have some paperwork that you have to fill out asking you all these questions......where did you go to high school, where are you registered to vote, do you have a state drivers license, have you payed state taxes, etc etc etc.

Based on your answers, theyll decide whether you are considered in-state. You aren't penalized for going to an out of state school, so dont worry.

About the Ads

Non-TradTulsa

Senior Member - Resident
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2005
Oklahoma
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
This question comes up every year. Who is a state resident for tuition purposes depends on the state - and sometimes on the individual school. It's pretty safe to say, though, if you left your home state primarily to attend college and you maintained your permanent residence at your parents' house in your home state, you should have no trouble proving residency.

pianola

MS2
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 23, 2008
Florida
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Just a heads up: If you are a dependent going to school OOS, then the residency forms usually ask for your parents' information.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.