Provisional

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zweeks

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what a provisional acceptance is? I got a provisional acceptance (they said that I have a seat reserved for the class of 2007. It says that I have to finish the rest of my requirements and send them the transcripts. The thing is, I have graduated and I am done with required classes, but I did put down two non-required classes that i was planning to take during my year off. Anyone in this situation?
Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't get a provisional acceptance letter, but it is stipulated that I must finish any outstanding courses that I might have on the application. I did put down an english course in the spring semester, but only if that was required to meet the school's pre-requisite. Apparently I did meet the school's english requirement, so I called the school up to ask if I still needed to take the english course. I was told that I didn't have to since I met all the requirements. So, my best advice is to ask the school that you're interested in if you need to really complete those courses. Hope this helps.

AE

You likley got a standard boilerplate acceptance letter. Some of those who are accepted may not have completed all of the requirements and many will not have graduated. The schools do not have the resources to individualize each acceptance letter so they send out a letter that attempts to cover all of the contingencies. Check with the school to be on the safe side.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the advice!
Ill contact them next week..

Zweeks, are you referring to U of Michigan's letter? If so, that is the only type of letter the send. All you need to do is send them your completed transcript and the cash, then they change it to "final acceptance". I called them and asked, because I too graduated and thought the letter was strange.