PS Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

righteous1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN

I took the next step diagnostic and got: 123/125/128/125. For reference: I've yet to study cars or psych/soc. I've finished studying the human phys tbr book and have not opened biochem at all. I've studied some of the physics and some of the gen chem.

I'm happy with my scores except for PS. I did not understand anything as I was doing the diagnostics. I have very weak chemistry background. What is some advice you all recommend so I can improve that? My goal is a 518 MCAT. I am confident I can get a 129+ on every section except PS. When I do AAMC verbal (Old exam), I get 0-1 mistake / passage. So I feel that with continued practice I can 129-132 my cars section. For psych and soc, starting with a 125 is good news considering I have no background. My bio score is very good too and I feel confident going in. but for PS I was clueless.

My MCAT is in May and so I have a lot of time but I'd still appreciate any help SDN can give for someone with an almost nonexistent PS background.

Members don't see this ad.

Righteous1:

Are you talking about PS meaning Psychology/Sociology or are you talking about CP meaning Chemistry/Physics? It is a little bit unclear from the above statements. Either way it really going to come down to practice.

If you are talking about Psychology/Sociology probably your best bet would be a combination of The Princeton Review Psychology/Sociology book and the following notes from Khan Academy

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y4ancipr...logy+and+Sociology+Notes+updated+Ediiton.docx

You will also need to do all the Khan Academy Passages and everything from AAMC.

If on the other hand, you meant Chemistry/Physics (CP) then I believe Berkeley Review is by far your best bet for that section. Get through all their passages and all the AAMC stuff (section bank, etc.) and you should get the score you are shooting for. Best of luck to you.

Righteous1:

Are you talking about PS meaning Psychology/Sociology or are you talking about CP meaning Chemistry/Physics? It is a little bit unclear from the above statements. Either way it really going to come down to practice.

If you are talking about Psychology/Sociology probably your best bet would be a combination of The Princeton Review Psychology/Sociology book and the following notes from Khan Academy

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y4ancipr...logy+and+Sociology+Notes+updated+Ediiton.docx

You will also need to do all the Khan Academy Passages and everything from AAMC.

If on the other hand, you meant Chemistry/Physics (CP) then I believe Berkeley Review is by far your best bet for that section. Get through all their passages and all the AAMC stuff (section bank, etc.) and you should get the score you are shooting for. Best of luck to you.

I was referring to CP, thank you. I'll keep my hopes up then. Really hoping to get a 128-130 in CP.