PS: Material that's bound to appear on April MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kalix

born ready
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't know about you guys, but judging from about the 4 practice tests I have taken so far, certain subjects have been tested everytime in the physical sciences sections. I thought it might be helpful to compile a list of subject matter, that which SDN members feel to be the absolute most important and sure to appear on the April test. So , I'll start, and hopefully this will ensure, at the very least, that we are prepared to score well on passages sure to appear in April.

Physics
-motion under constant acceleration (linear &projectile)
-collisions(types)
-coulomb's law
-*circuits
-refraction
-relationship b/w frequency and wavelength

Gen Chemistry
-Periodic table trends
-Lewis structures
-rate law and rxn orders
-le chatelier's principle
-predicting spontaneity based on deltaG=deltaH-TdeltaS
-phase diagram
-dilution
-acids and bases(types)
-*electrochemical cells

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with those, but why do you have the astericks beside electrochemical cells and circuits?

dr1day said:
I agree with those, but why do you have the astericks beside electrochemical cells and circuits?

B/c those subjects have been on 4 out of 4 practice tests I have taken, while the others have definitely made appearances...

I just want to clarify if you are talking about practice tests from all of the MCAT prep companies, AAMC only, or actual MCAT?

Bio
-genetics

The AAMC website states there are 3 genetics problems added to the MCAT so expect at least 3.

Members don't see this ad :)
Genetics is hit hard on the MCAT...unfortunately AAMC practice tests (except maybe 7R) don't show this because they are too outdated...but every year more and more orgo is taken away, only to be replaced with genetics. I would definitely know how to do basic Mendelian genetics upside down.

Prophecies said:
Genetics is hit hard on the MCAT...unfortunately AAMC practice tests (except maybe 7R) don't show this because they are too outdated...but every year more and more orgo is taken away, only to be replaced with genetics. I would definitely know how to do basic Mendelian genetics upside down.
Good point. :thumbup:

Hey do you guys really think that there won't be much O-Chem on this April MCAT? Organic sucks for me so that would be awesome! But, I would imagine there has to be some because the bio. section is composed of biology and O-Chem right?

Sorry for not noticing the thread is titled "PS:Material that's bound to appear on April MCAT "

stoleyerscrubz said:
I just want to clarify if you are talking about practice tests from all of the MCAT prep companies, AAMC only, or actual MCAT?

Bio
-genetics

The AAMC website states there are 3 genetics problems added to the MCAT so expect at least 3.

From Kaplan and AAMC ....

Ok, so here's an updated list... keep it going, all contributions greatly appreciated :D

Physics
-motion under constant acceleration (linear &projectile)
-collisions(types)
-coulomb's law
-*circuits
-refraction
-relationship b/w frequency and wavelength

Gen Chemistry
-Periodic table trends
-Lewis structures
-rate law and rxn orders
-le chatelier's principle
-predicting spontaneity based on deltaG=deltaH-TdeltaS
-phase diagram
-dilution
-acids and bases(types)
-*electrochemical cells

Biology
-genetics(esp. Mendelian)

this list might lend some people in a false sense of security because u could be the unlucky one that has passages from only 1 or 2 different topics, it happens sometimes. so i would study everything!!