PS on google docs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobodylan41

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you think it would be okay/good idea to post a link on sdn to my ps on google docs so forum users could look over it and give me their thought about it?

Just thought it would be good idea and I probably would get a decently quick response to the sdn faithful

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Sure why not.

Someone is probably going to delete it or screw it up

Members don't see this ad :)
It wouldn't be in your best interest to share your PS with your rivals. Don't do it.

Do you think it would be okay/good idea to post a link on sdn to my ps on google docs so forum users could look over it and give me their thought about it?

Just thought it would be good idea and I probably would get a decently quick response to the sdn faithful

thanks

yea i can't see this ending well

If anything make a back up copy

It wouldn't be in your best interest to share your PS with your rivals. Don't do it.

I don't really think I would really give anyone a disadvantage or advantage. I'm just looking for a little help to see if people like my ps or see any grammar or flow mistakes.

What are the reasons you think i shouldnt do it?

Last edited:
yea i can't see this ending well

If anything make a back up copy

If i did post it I wouldn't let people make edits online. I would set it so they could make comments and download it and make changes and hopefully email it back to me

I don't really think I would really give anyone a disadvantage or advantage. I'm just looking for a little help to see if people like my ps or see any grammar or flow mistakes.

What are the reasons you think i shouldnt do it?

Pre-meds tend to do some of the same extracurricular activities. If you decided to discuss your time spent volunteering at a hospital, someone might think that your description of seeing X and doing Y is better than theirs. They will copy it and use it. Adcoms might not be too happy if both of you apply to the same school and you both share the same words.

Pre-meds tend to do some of the same extracurricular activities. If you decided to discuss your time spent volunteering at a hospital, someone might think that your description of seeing X and doing Y is better than theirs. They will copy it and use it. Adcoms might not be too happy if both of you apply to the same school and you both share the same words.

Yea, i guess you are right. My ps is mostly a couple personal stories but i do include some stuff about pretty common activities. I just thought it would be a great option because a lot of people would be able to look it over.

thanks for the advice

If you show me yours I'll show you mine;)

People in the past have done this. It just ends up that people read it, but never leave any comments.

i know there is probably a dedicated thread to this, but would anyone here who has already submitted or past the application process like to read my ps and give me their thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.