Pschology and Sociology For MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharkman800

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN,

I am a Non-traditional student looking to take to MCAT and I am wondering if not having taken psychology and sociology in college will be a problem on the MCAT or if it is possible to study for that section on my own.
If it is possible to study for this section on my own what resources do you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Those are the easiest sections to self-study for on the MCAT, but that's not to say they aren't difficult or that you won't have to put in the work. I think having analytical and data reasoning abilities is very important for those sections. On top of that, you need to know various theories. But in my opinion, those are fairly easy to self-study for.

Get the Khan Academy 100-page Psychology notes from Reddit, and you will be set! **as long as you study it, accordingly, of course.

I am using EK for Sociology and Psych content. I am not sure how representative this would be (as I just started studying for MCAT), but I guess a good starting point.