shantster

Eye protection!
10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2005
Wherever life takes me...
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I was wondering if on the AMCAS you are supposed to calculate Psychology as part of the Science GPA or if that is solely for Bio/Chem/Physics scores. Thanks.

ktsou

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2005
Status
nope, psych is part of behavioral science (or something like that, im not quite sure, but i know its NOT part of BCPM)

CalGoldenBear

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2005
Status
shantster said:
I was wondering if on the AMCAS you are supposed to calculate Psychology as part of the Science GPA or if that is solely for Bio/Chem/Physics scores. Thanks.
I'm a psych major and only my biological psychology courses counted in my BCPM (science) GPA and all of my other psych courses went in my regular/non-science GPA. I put my bio psych courses under biology since they were basically neuroscience classes. Hope that helps.

OSUdoc08

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
Status
Medical Student
shantster said:
The "Science" GPA is for Math & Natural Science.

Psychology is a Social Science, and can be grouped with Sociology, Anthropology, and Political Science.

OP
shantster

shantster

Eye protection!
10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2005
Wherever life takes me...
Status
Resident [Any Field]
CalGoldenBear said:
I'm a psych major and only my biological psychology courses counted in my BCPM (science) GPA and all of my other psych courses went in my regular/non-science GPA. I put my bio psych courses under biology since they were basically neuroscience classes. Hope that helps.
That would actually really help since I'm doing quite well in my physiological psych course. Thanks for the insight.

DianaLynne

Catwoman!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
Status
I wish I'd known that! Maybe my BCPM woulda been higher with my psych/bio classes. At least it would have offset my lousy Calc 3 score. :oops:

blump

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2004
Status
shantster said:
Then would a psych stats course be counted since it is a math course?
yes. Psych stats is math. Biopsych is Bio, anything else you are pushing it. Worst thing that will happen is AMCAS will reclassify it as non-BCPM.