1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

psych and sociology on real mcat compared to TPR

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by fleur64, Aug 5, 2015.

1. fleur64

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey Everyone,
    I was wondering for those who took the mcat and used TPR exams to study, how well did the TPR exams match up to the real exam's psych and sociology section?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Neutrophil2016

Pre-Medical
    It was pretty close in most ways, but I felt my exam's psych section was harder. If you are doing well on those then you'll do fine on the real thing, but be ready to see some questions you didn't even know they could ask.

fleur64 and lmladdno84 like this.
  4. fleur64

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Were you caught off guard in terms of knowing content or was it the way questions were asked?

5. fleur64

2+ Year Member

Medical Student

6. Dreamstoo

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I have been told by many testers that you could read every book out there for MCAT psych/soc and you will see at least one "new" term on test day.

dushash likes this.
  7. Neutrophil2016

Pre-Medical
    I felt the way the questions were asked was almost identical to TPR, but some of the content was completely new to me. I went through the AAMC content list and everything and I still found things that I'd never heard of before. Usually if you use some logic and interpret word meaning (looking at prefixes, suffixes, ancient greek/latin) then you can figure it out. At least that's what I did. Psych was my lowest score on the new exam, but it was a 129 so still pretty high.

twinBqt likes this.
  8. dmon123

Dogs. There was like 10-15 questions on my MCAT yesterday that tested on content I haven't SEEN in ExamCrackers-- OR Princeton Review.

9. dmon123

After yesterday I would kill for a 129.

fleur64 likes this.
  10. Neutrophil2016

Pre-Medical
    Seriously, don't stress out about it. That is totally how I felt after the exam too. Just wait until you see your score.