Psych for IMGs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

player6872

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any idea how is the chance for International medical graduates is to get into a psychiatry residency?
Any idea about which programs are IMG friendly?
I applied to several programs and so far just got one rejection :(
good luck everybody.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,
Can you reveal what foreign school you attended and what program you were rejected by???
From what I understand, University of South Florida (Tampa) usually does not take FMG but University of Miami does. I don't think USF has a policy excluding FMG but it just seems that they have been filling up their spots with USMG.
Good luck.
Peace.

Off topic, but I heard that about USF also -- what gives, is the program that good or is it just that everyone wants to live in Tampa? Usually only the elite psych programs are 100% US grads (no offense to IMG's, but that's just how it is).

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your comment
5 interviews so far and 3 rejections. I still have a lot more. I just check my email every hour waiting for a response from a program.+pissed+
Do they send rejections or they will just ignore you? when do they usually send the rejections if they do?

To Player6872,

I sent a PM to you.

they will usually respond. MCV is very IMG friendly in psyc btw.