Psych GRE scores AVAILABLE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

irish80122

DCT at Miss State U.
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just called and they have the Psych GRE scores available if you pay your $10. I did pay up and did fairly well, about what I was hoping for (though I didn't have high expectations). Now I just have to go look at all the full disclosure again and see how it matches up.

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I got a 640. Not too hot, I knew that I didn't do so great, it was the 64th percentile. I took it again today (long story...they wouldn't let me cancel) and feel like i did worse. Oh well everyone says the scores don't count that much. I'm just glad its over.:(

For the programs I am applying to at least, a 640 doesn't look too bad. Don't stress it too much! Look at the averages for your schools, it may make you feel a bit better.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, its not that bad. I just feel like I spent SO MUCH TIME studying for the GRE(s) and it hasn't paid off. Especially in the math portion of the general test. I took a prep course and studied hard and only got a 590. I guess i'm just frustrated. Thanks for your encouragement.

i studied my a** off for a month and pulled a 770 on november's psych gre. i was definitely celebrating tonight! what a crazy test.

740 here. I'm pumped, confused, elated, embarassed, and happy.

Glad that part is over.

*Ella

Hey... check out the other thread about this topic, FYI. I didn't really study for it b/c I've heard that's it really doesn't make or break you. I went in and took the test cold and got a 620. I think the *general* GRE carries ALOT more weight....

yeah, its not that bad. I just feel like I spent SO MUCH TIME studying for the GRE(s) and it hasn't paid off. Especially in the math portion of the general test. I took a prep course and studied hard and only got a 590. I guess i'm just frustrated. Thanks for your encouragement.

Hi PhDhopeful,

I'm trying to figure out how to put this so it doesn't sound bad. First, let me clarify that your scores will probably be fine, especially if you have a good GPA/research experiences to balance them out.

However, you might find it comforting to know that, IF you don't get in this year (big if - again, your scores are fine), they're making some pretty major changes to the GRE general exam next year. They will let you use a calculator, for one thing, and the exam will include more data analysis questions and fewer geometry questions. I think the verbal section will be pretty different as well (no analogy questions, for instance).

I really struggled with the math section too (620 after close to a year of studying) - I think my scores will be OK, but, if not, I'm pretty sure I'll score higher on the new version.

Anyway, not sure if that helps or not… You just seem really down and I wanted to let you know that you aren't the only person feeling frustrated!

Good luck!
Amy

I just called ETS and they said they mailed my score out Dec. 2nd so it should be here soon... I can wait plus I've already given ETS wayyyyy too much of my money already.

Still waiting to receive the hard copy. Did anyone else get theirs in the mail yet or hear from schools that the copies you requested have been received?

I still haven't received my hard-copy - however I am in Toronto which might explain the delay. Sort of half dreading, half excited to see it in the mail...

I still haven't received my subject test scores from November. Has anyone else gotten them in the mail yet?

Hi, I got my scores today. 760/96th percentile. I used a study book plus I've taken a ****load of psych courses, probably helped, also ETS has historically been kind to me. However for this test I totally did not expect to do this well. Like I wasn't even 100% sure I wanted to go to grad school going in to it, just kind of took it to see what's up. Maybe this will make up for a rough GPA...who knows. Best of luck to everyone out there, just wanted to share.

Just a quick FYI, pals: Psych GRE scores were mailed out on 12/14. Hope they arrive soon!:cool:

*Ella

so... congrats on your nice score, abagirl15... however, I have to say, I got the sense from your post you weren't necessarily looking to "share" so much as brag.... Congratulations but keep in mind, alot of schools don't even ask for it and schools DO look at GPA and how difficult your undergrad school was in order to predict (albeit to a limited extent) an applicant's ability to perform at the graduate level - general GRE's and psych GRE's are only just additional info.

Programs want to know not just that someone has "aptitude" but that they actually apply/ translate that aptitude into jumping through the hoops that need to get jumped thru in order to get work done....

Thanks for "sharing"

I think someone needs to make a scale for, "Hoop Jumping" (hello potential research project for someone looking to get ahead!!). It should be a required score on everyone's CV.....it'd go a long way in letting people know what you are willing or not willing to do. :laugh:

-t