psych major looking to pick up a minor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmdreamer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I am a psych major and would like to pick up a minor. I was thinking either human services OR health science. Any opinions as to what would better compliment the major. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I find that a good choice for minoring is either something that is interesting and complementary (of the two, I'd say Human Services), but honestly? Any minor can be tied in- mine's in Theatre.

I find that a good choice for minoring is either something that is interesting and complementary (of the two, I'd say Human Services), but honestly? Any minor can be tied in- mine's in Theatre.

I'm a bio minor and a psych/social work double major. Not all of the bio ties in but some stuff (endocrine, neuro, global health) does.

Members don't see this ad :)
i have a degree in individualized study, and focused on psych, studio art, and critical theory and got a great education and got into great programs, so i say study whatever is more fun for you!

It really depends on what you ultimately want to do for a career. If you're interested in clinical, bio or neuro would be good. If you're interested in doing clinical in a hospital setting, either of those or health sciences would work. If you're interested in social work or counseling, sociology or perhaps the one that you mentioned, "human services", sounds fitting although that one sounds like it could work for other paths as well. Truthfully, there's so much overlap in Psych that any and all of those would probably combine well to some degree, but you can try to fine-tune and focus according to your chosen direction.

Last edited: