Position Wanted Psych PGY-1 interested in Psych PGY-2 position starting 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

3rdstreet

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know its late to start looking but I'm finishing up my intern year at a psych program and wondering if there are any PGY-2 psych spots open elsewhere.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

Here r some useful places to look:

Several listed here: some newly listed from last week as well in cleveland and stbarnabus in the bronx deadlines march 31 and march 1 respectively

The apa site search for vacant resident positions (lol im too new to sdn to post a link yet)

Freida had a listing of vacancies

There r the usuAl paid sites as well lime resident swap, open residency, info residency?

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!

Here r some useful places to look:

Several listed here: some newly listed from last week as well in cleveland and stbarnabus in the bronx deadlines march 31 and march 1 respectively

The apa site search for vacant resident positions (lol im too new to sdn to post a link yet)

Freida had a listing of vacancies

There r the usuAl paid sites as well lime resident swap, open residency, info residency?

Good luck!

Ok I have a few programs I'd like to email to ask if the position is still available. Is contacting programs ever a violation of my job? Before I go the whole nine yards and ask my PD I want to make sure the spot is there. I haven't signed my contract for next year fyi.

Can I email and ask if the spot is there and share some preliminary information about myself or is that wrong to do?

I know that if I go through with this I need my PD on board but I'm anticipating it won't get that far especially if there aren't any open spots.