Psych program that does not participate in Match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeedToStudy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the Delaware Psychiatric center website and they say that they don't participate in the Match. I thought every residency program participates in the match. Is this a legitimate Psychiatry residency program?

Members don't see this ad.

I was looking at the Delaware Psychiatric center website and they say that they don't participate in the Match. I thought every residency program participates in the match. Is this a legitimate Psychiatry residency program?
I don't know about that program specifically, but there are a handful of programs (referred to as "all-out" programs) that don't participate in the match. They are generally really, really crappy IM programs in NYC. The limitation caused by not participating in the match is they're forbidden from taking any current US students OR anyone who remains in the match. All of their residents have to withdraw from the match before they can sign a contract there.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't know about that program specifically, but there are a handful of programs (referred to as "all-out" programs) that don't participate in the match. They are generally really, really crappy IM programs in NYC. The limitation caused by not participating in the match is they're forbidden from taking any current US students OR anyone who remains in the match. All of their residents have to withdraw from the match before they can sign a contract there.
Wait what do you mean? So if I apply to that program I can't apply to programs in the match? It's either that or nothing?

Wait what do you mean? So if I apply to that program I can't apply to programs in the match? It's either that or nothing?

Welll......

You can apply to programs in and out of the Match, but if you take a position out of the Match, you have to withdraw from the Match. It's a contract. You can't stay in the Match, which is a contractual event as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Alright thanks for the replies. By any chance does anybody know anything about this program? They don't have alot of information on their website. How is working there like? Do you learn a lot? How is the call schedule like?

Alright thanks for the replies. By any chance does anybody know anything about this program? They don't have alot of information on their website. How is working there like? Do you learn a lot? How is the call schedule like?

They rank people with Step 3 the highest and had 983 applications this cycle.