Psych/Soc Resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coltuna

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I watched all of the Khan videos and made anki cards on every term, psychologist, theory, etc. I've taken 2 FL's (1 from NS and 1 from Altius) and have come across NUMEROUS terms I've never seen before. Has anyone had luck using a second resource that complimented Khan Academy well as far as filling in terms not covered in the videos?

Members don't see this ad.

Kaplan's psych/soc book was very helpful. I made flashcards for every bolded term in the text and supplemented it with Khan videos/questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,

I watched all of the Khan videos and made anki cards on every term, psychologist, theory, etc. I've taken 2 FL's (1 from NS and 1 from Altius) and have come across NUMEROUS terms I've never seen before. Has anyone had luck using a second resource that complimented Khan Academy well as far as filling in terms not covered in the videos?

Every single term/concept/etc. mentioned in the AAMC P/S material (FLs, OG, flash cards) is included in the KA 300 page notes. That is an exhaustive set of notes.

Every single term/concept/etc. mentioned in the AAMC P/S material (FLs, OG, flash cards) is included in the KA 300 page notes. That is an exhaustive set of notes.

Are you talking about the reddit KA notes? It's only 100 pages long. Is there another 300 page one?

Reactions: 1 user
Using the outline provided by AAMC, would you read all the sections in the row for Sensory Processing topic to actually know the topic? Or should we choose only Boundless or Psychology: Themes and Variations or Introduction to Biosocial Medicine?
Thanks

Using the outline provided by AAMC, would you read all the sections in the row for Sensory Processing topic to actually know the topic? Or should we choose only Boundless or Psychology: Themes and Variations or Introduction to Biosocial Medicine?
Thanks
Hey, I'm OP and ended up scoring 129 in this section. I would literally just watch the khan videos and make notecards then after you feel you have those memorized, go back and read the 100 page document and make notecards on that. Trying to match up every single thing you learn to the outline is just so tedious and that time could be better spent. Khan videos and 100 or 300 page document is a pretty sure way to get a 126+

Reactions: 1 users
Hello all,

By all means keep pursuing these other materials, but also be aware that you're not gonna know every term you run into on that section.. I highly advise you to utilize process of elimination when answering those questions. Usually only two of the terms they present to you have anything even remotely to do with the question stem. If you can cross off things you know are wrong, you can get the right answer even if you don't know what the term means.

By all means keep pursuing these other materials, but also be aware that you're not gonna know every term you run into on that section.. I highly advise you to utilize process of elimination when answering those questions. Usually only two of the terms they present to you have anything even remotely to do with the question stem. If you can cross off things you know are wrong, you can get the right answer even if you don't know what the term means.
Hey Workaholic, I appreciate the advice, but I actually took my MCAT haha. This thread was resurrected yesterday by another poster seeking advice.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey Workaholic, I appreciate the advice, but I actually took my MCAT haha. This thread was resurrected yesterday by another poster seeking advice.

I've been staring at a computer screen so long writing secondaries I can't decipher what's what anymore.. my bad.

To whomever resurrected the thread, use process of elimination!

Reactions: 2 users