Psychiatrist Website SEO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

randomdoc1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I started a website. I'm working rigorously on SEO. I know this is not a forum for technical questions but obviously at the end of the day, one way to enhance SEO is to just have a good website with quality content. I've created tabs about the services offered at my office, information about other staff, myself, the rTMS that is offered, community resources, etc. But as a psychiatrist, I'm not sure what other ways there are that I can add more content. A lot of people talk about blogging. I am sure that works great for other services. But I don't want to be misinterpreted as offering medical advice because obviously I'm not. Any ideas on how to add more content or blog in a relatively safe manner? I looked up psychiatrist blogs too, some seem to do it for leisure or do it anonymously (e.g. talking about political matters and I don't think that would be too palatable either). Appreciate any input!

Members don't see this ad.

SEO is a long-term problem, and it isn’t easy. Content and obtaining quality external links are quite helpful (easier said than done). Rarely do results come quickly as Google wants to see that sites are here to stay.

So, I started a website. I'm working rigorously on SEO. I know this is not a forum for technical questions but obviously at the end of the day, one way to enhance SEO is to just have a good website with quality content. I've created tabs about the services offered at my office, information about other staff, myself, the rTMS that is offered, community resources, etc. But as a psychiatrist, I'm not sure what other ways there are that I can add more content. A lot of people talk about blogging. I am sure that works great for other services. But I don't want to be misinterpreted as offering medical advice because obviously I'm not. Any ideas on how to add more content or blog in a relatively safe manner? I looked up psychiatrist blogs too, some seem to do it for leisure or do it anonymously (e.g. talking about political matters and I don't think that would be too palatable either). Appreciate any input!
I'm an MS4, but I have a few websites that I've struggled with SEO for when I've had time. I agree with @TexasPhysician. Over time it gets better, but you may be able to have small initial success with SEO plugins, if you're using Wordpress (they basically direct you on content changes to make to improve SEO). Even with maximizing SEO with content, I've found only minimal success, however. Also most people don't bother reading the extra content, especially if it's highly technical. Though making yourself seem approachable through your site may be able to help you convert site views to patient appointments.

The easiest/fastest way would be to allocate money for Google Advertising. If you set really specific demographic information, you can really capitalize on a budget with very little effort, while hitting mainly your target audience. Facebook Advertising is much cheaper and can get you 2000ish website hits a month with a $200 per month budget, but the views don't convert as well as Google.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
With the shortage of psychiatrists in most parts of the country, just put your business online and accept insurance. You'll attract more patients a heck of a lot faster than any SEO shenanigans would.

Create a blog attached to your website. Put out relevant articles as often as you can. Or, rehash other recent relevant articles in your own words if you're having trouble coming up with content. Run a Google trends search and see what keywords you want to target and how often people are searching for them. Use those keywords in your articles consistently. Hire somewhere from Odesk very cheaply to work on the more manual aspects of seo for you.

Things are a bit different than they were five years ago, but at my height, I ran a web business before medical school getting almost 1M monthly views. PM for other questions.

Reactions: 1 user