• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Psychiatry 2nd year course for Psychologists

meisteckhart

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2005
    RexKD said:
    Would students with an undergraduate major in psychology have an enormous advantage when taking the second year psychiatry course in medical school?

I was a psychology major in undergrad before switching to religion at the end of my sophomore year. I took several psychology courses and I do think the way they help you to think might help you to understand some things. However, I agree that most of the psychiatry clerkship is about learning the mental status exam, diagnosing mental illnesses, and learning psychopharm. Except for maybe abnormal psychology, I don't think courses in undergrad psychology help too much with these areas. Of course I never took the more advanced classes in college.

About the Ads
    This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.