psychiatry FAQS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Check out the psychiatry FAQS link in the psychiatry forum. Somebody is driving a big truck...lol ;)

Members don't see this ad.

psisci said:
Check out the psychiatry FAQS link in the psychiatry forum. Somebody is driving a big truck...lol ;)

Are you referring to Sazi's not mentioning RxP being granted to psychologists in the DoD, NM, LA, and Guam? Not sure what you mean.

I am referring to the minimizing of psychologists training and the aggrandizing of the psychiatrists training and how that implies something.......... :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's funny that you say that, considering what you posted earlier in the RxP thread

I am not sure.....really. If it happened today I would be against it. Not because I have a good argument against it, but most of the MA level providers I know I would not trust with that kind of authority. That is my honest non scientific answer for now.

I think that's probably exactly how the MDs feel about us, with or without good argument.

or how Jon Snow acts like evry PsyD simply paid $20,000 and walked out with a degree while PhDs researched their little fingers to the bone.

obvisouly many need to feel "above" or "better" than someone else, some do it with a flashy car and some do it with a degree

psisci said:
I am referring to the minimizing of psychologists training and the aggrandizing of the psychiatrists training and how that implies something.......... :eek:

Umm, it's the *psychiatry* FAQ in the psychiatry forum. I would expect it to be mostly about psychiatry training, what it takes, how long it takes, etc. After reading through it, I'd say it's pretty accurate and doesn't minimize psychology at all.

I don't think it does justification to the fact that psychiatrists get a lot less formal training in psychological theory and psychotherapy techniques and modalities, yet still consider themselves as good (or better) as psychotherapists as psychologists do. Medicine does nothing to prepare you for the psychotherapy relationship, and in fact, probably does a little something to harm it (e.g., doctor as expert and final authority).

Just my two cents...

John

i am looking to do a psychiatry residency....but i am 30 years post med c\school graduation (UCLA). I applied to 11 programs and was shocked that I did not get one single interview! Can anyone guide me to possible residencies that would be willing to take an older (experienced,mature, wise) resident?

i am looking to do a psychiatry residency....but i am 30 years post med c\school graduation (UCLA). I applied to 11 programs and was shocked that I did not get one single interview! Can anyone guide me to possible residencies that would be willing to take an older (experienced,mature, wise) resident?

You would likely be better served by posting this question in the Psychiatry forum here, as the current forum is geared toward psychology and psychologists.