Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ElJimador

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has information on the Psychodynamic Therapy Exam that is given annually in Residency after this is taught (usually PGY-II and onward). I am not planning on studying for it, but I am interested to know if there are subject headings/categories like there is with the PRITE ... if anyone has info, please let me know. I would find out on Google but I do not even know the official name of the test.

FYI- I tried to find information on this using the search tool, but I can't get it to work correctly -- it seems to just show all the posts without regard to the search term- so sorry if this info has been posted.

-ElJumador

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has information on the Psychodynamic Therapy Exam that is given annually in Residency after this is taught (usually PGY-II and onward). I am not planning on studying for it, but I am interested to know if there are subject headings/categories like there is with the PRITE ... if anyone has info, please let me know. I would find out on Google but I do not even know the official name of the test.

FYI- I tried to find information on this using the search tool, but I can't get it to work correctly -- it seems to just show all the posts without regard to the search term- so sorry if this info has been posted.

-ElJumador

we got a few questions from a previous exam to study for. Don't worry about it. We went over these practice questions with our department's psychoanalyst/elder statesman, and he flat out told us it was a crap exam. The national average is under 50%--largely because the questions and answers are pretty damn ambiguous. He told us they love Projective Identification, but that's about all i remember.