Psychology classes needed for new MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KyleJames

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was curious what psych classes people have been taking to prepare for the new MCAT. Intro psych and sociology are very important, but are there any others students should take/have been taking? Thanks for any and all replies and advice!

Kyle

Members don't see this ad.

My four year plan that I received had social and abnormal psychology as addition classes that would help with the MCAT

Members don't see this ad :)
My professor is adamant that a psych minor will help a lot with the MCAT. However, I don't care for psychology at all (math mind). Hopefully the prep books will be enough. Anyone else have thoughts on this matter?

I haven't taken any strictly pscyh/soc courses for the new MCAT but from what I hear, studying for it is sufficient.

Reactions: 1 user
My professor is adamant that a psych minor will help a lot with the MCAT. However, I don't care for psychology at all (math mind). Hopefully the prep books will be enough. Anyone else have thoughts on this matter?
I wanted to minor psych but it was going to be a lot of work for me since I am a Sophmore. Nevertheless, I will be taking social and maybe abnormal just for fun because I do like psych.

Reactions: 1 user