Psychology Letter of Rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oatstudentadvice

Reaction score
Hey guys! I know some schools strongly recommend a letter of recommendation from a science professor that taught you. Does anyone know how optometry views psychology professors and if they count as "science professors?" The only reason I'm asking is because for medical school, they have a similar requirement and psychology professors are not recommended to fulfill this requirement. I am really close with a psychology professor and have worked in her lab for approximately 2 years, so I thought it would be beneficial to get a letter from her.

Members don't see this ad.

technically psychology is a pre-req for almost all the schools, so i'm sure they would take it. I'm not sure where u plan on applying but i've talked to salus and neco and while they both said science is recommended, they also said its important to get one from a professor who will have good things to write about you rather than someone who barely knows you. Get in touch with the admissions directors at the school youre interested in and ask them directly!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I know some schools strongly recommend a letter of recommendation from a science professor that taught you. Does anyone know how optometry views psychology professors and if they count as "science professors?" The only reason I'm asking is because for medical school, they have a similar requirement and psychology professors are not recommended to fulfill this requirement. I am really close with a psychology professor and have worked in her lab for approximately 2 years, so I thought it would be beneficial to get a letter from her.
I’m a psych major so was in the same position! I emailed admissions for all the schools I wanted to apply to, let them know the situation, and asked if this professor was okay to replace the science professor. I didn’t have any problems with it, but I would definitely get in contact with them and explain the strength your relationship.

Reactions: 1 user