PhD/PsyD Psychology licensure requirements in TN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LittlebutFierce

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am completing my APA accredited internship this July and moving to Tennessee in August. I'm trying to make sense of the requirements for licensure in TN as a psychologist through online materials but still have a few questions and was wondering if anyone could help...

1) When is the earliest you can take the EPPP? Do you have to wait until your post doc hours are accrued or can you (as you can in GA) take the EPPP after the conferral of your degree?

2) Do the 1900 post doc hours have to be completed within one year, or can you break them up over a two (or longer) year period?

3) Lastly, does anyone know if you can count teaching toward post doc hours? I know in some states you can, but not sure about TN.

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I am completing my APA accredited internship this July and moving to Tennessee in August. I'm trying to make sense of the requirements for licensure in TN as a psychologist through online materials but still have a few questions and was wondering if anyone could help...

1) When is the earliest you can take the EPPP? Do you have to wait until your post doc hours are accrued or can you (as you can in GA) take the EPPP after the conferral of your degree?

2) Do the 1900 post doc hours have to be completed within one year, or can you break them up over a two (or longer) year period?

3) Lastly, does anyone know if you can count teaching toward post doc hours? I know in some states you can, but not sure about TN.

Thanks!!
If I remember correctly, you can take the EPPP anytime after you have your provisional license. To your second question, you would have to then ask for an extension of your provisional license because they are only good for 1 year, and to your 3rd, I believe they have to be clinically focused. But as the other poster said, check with the board. They can answer all of your questions.