Psychology Major (Be brutally honest)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IBelieveInEli

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first time posting, but I've been surfing around here for a couple weeks. So, I'd like you guys to be my critics and tell me what my chances are. Please be honest, I will not be offended by anything you guys have to say as long as it's constructive. Please note: I'm applying to a LOT of school and my standards are not very high.

Psychology major with minor in biology
3.41 cGPA, 3.35 sGPA.
Year and a half left before graduation
Voluntary research at University of Miami
Voluntary research at my current university
Two letters of recommendation so far
Going to shadow doctors next semester
Biology tutor/team leader
Not taking any upper division biology courses

Members don't see this ad.

If you nail the MCAT and keep your GPA you will be in good standing, maybe strengthen the EC's a little bit more (some form of volunteering would be ideal)

Members don't see this ad :)
GPAs are very low competetive for MD programs; fine for DO. I suggest for the former, applying to low-mid tier schools (like Rosy franklin or NYMC) only. Depending upon what state you live in, you might have luck with your state school too. get some more clinical EC in too. Show us your altruism.

Hey guys, this is my first time posting, but I've been surfing around here for a couple weeks. So, I'd like you guys to be my critics and tell me what my chances are. Please be honest, I will not be offended by anything you guys have to say as long as it's constructive. Please note: I'm applying to a LOT of school and my standards are not very high.

Psychology major with minor in biology
3.41 cGPA, 3.35 sGPA.
Year and a half left before graduation
Voluntary research at University of Miami
Voluntary research at my current university
Two letters of recommendation so far
Going to shadow doctors next semester
Biology tutor/team leader
Not taking any upper division biology courses