Psychology Requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ap888

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed that some schools either require or recommend a semester's worth of psychology in premedical coursework. I havent taken a general psychology course, but am enrolled in a "Neurological Bases of Human Behavior" course offered by our psychology department. It's more of psychobio course, so will the course suffice for the "psychology" requirement these schools ask for, or is it necessary to take a general psychology course?

Members don't see this ad.

You'll have to ask the schools about this sort of thing. They can be picky. Seems like it would fit to me...

As long as your school classifies it as a psychology course and not a neurobio course it will count towards a psych requirement.

Members don't see this ad :)
As long as your school classifies it as a psychology course and not a neurobio course it will count towards a psych requirement.

Really? Well thats good to hear. It is classified under "PSYCH", but ironically not as satisfying "Behavioral and Social Sciences" credits. Go figure.

Thanks for the input!

I agree it sounds like it'll count, but you should check with schools just to be on the safe side.