Quantcast

Psychology & Sociology On The New MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jinxers

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
In 2015 the new MCAT will take effect with psychology and sociology
if i take the MCAT BEFORE 2015 (and assuming I am pleased with my score) and apply to med school for fall of 2015 or later ( i want to do a postbacc or masters in medical science before I apply)
will i be required to take the new 2015 MCAT if i have valid scores from the current mcat?

Person0715

Socially awkward
Reaction score
While I don't think anyone knows for sure, I don't think med schools will be cruel enough to not accept scores from the old MCAT come 2015 if the old scores are still technically valid (3 years or less).

inycepoo

1K Member
Removed
Reaction score
No. Like the old SAT, there will be a period of transition when med schools will be forced to accept both versions of the exams.

Rob046

Reaction score
Does anyone know what Sociology Concepts we should know for the new MCAT, or if we can learn them by taking Intro to Sociology?

inycepoo

1K Member
Removed
Reaction score
Does anyone know what Sociology Concepts we should know for the new MCAT, or if we can learn them by taking Intro to Sociology?

Content outline not published yet. Should be no prob to self-study from review books and Internet once the outline's out.

TriagePreMed

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Outline is not posted, but the AAMC has said it would be based on intro sociology only. Personally, based on my trial section, I would recommend anyone taking the 2015 MCAT to take a research methods for social science class.

gig123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Outline is not posted, but the AAMC has said it would be based on intro sociology only. Personally, based on my trial section, I would recommend anyone taking the 2015 MCAT to take a research methods for social science class.

Definitely agree with this! Experimental methods courses in sociology and/or psychology would be the best way to prepare based on my trial section!

hawkeye3211

Reaction score
It was basically all experimental psychology stuff on my trial section. I would take some research oriented classes for that.