PT doing home health care exclusively?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dylanh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hear thats where the $$ lies. is it true and feasible to solely do home health care? possibly start a home health care business?

any info on this fellas?

Members don't see this ad.

People aren't going to take you very seriously if in one day you start 9 threads in 5 different forums all asking basic questions.

You seem to be very concerned with money. Rehab professions may not be the place for you if you can't shake that. Money is important yes. Almost all PTs, OTs or SLPs who don't live a decent middle class lifestyle. But nobody goes into PT, OT or SLP for the "$$" you seem to be looking for.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree. I answered a few of your questions in the other forum too but now I also fear you need more basic info. If you want to be wealthy, do not do PT. Yes, the debt load is too high generally, yes the salaries are too low for the education. Yes, we still have fantastic PTs practicing but they aren't in it for the money. And money will be a little tight for many the first years out. I made more working before I went to PT school (with a bachelors) than I will make after. But that's OK for me because this is the best fit for me. And I can be a great help to my patients because I will like what I do and I believe in it.

Serious advice, if you like science and math and want to make money, look at some engineering fields, economics, computer programming. Heck, even healthcare management where you will get people interaction too. Or pharmacy...they have their own issues but starting salary will beat any one here if that's your goal.

Reactions: 1 user