PT/PTA Career Salary Info.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cameronWA

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I decided to start this thread to attempt to lower confusion with how much PTA's and PT's make.. because i've been seeing alot of topics about this recently.

I have talked with about six PT's in my area, and done alot of research online about this, so here we go.

Mainly, the midwest, and center of US is lower pay, coastal's pay more. (I heard mid-atlantic regions pay well to.) It all depends on cost of living in your area, really.

I'm located in northwest (Washington) and as a graduate PTA you can expect from 40k to 50k out of school. And can make up to around 60-65k.

Here is a graph, taken from swz.salary.com, for PTA's.

s6mzkj.jpg

And now, for PT's. You can expect 60-70k starting, to around 95k when your experienced. Here's another graph (for PT's), also from salary.com

e7xe88.jpg

Of course, different regions and areas vary your salary, so I suggest going to these links, and find your state/city and look for data that matches your specific area.

Physical Therapists
http://www.cbsalary.com/salaries/Physical-Therapist

Physical Therapist Assistants
http://www.cbsalary.com/salaries/Physical-Therapy-Assistant

-Cameron

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are those stats from those links self reports??? I dont know if I want to believe this. Salary for PTs in GA?????? C'mon now!!!! You actually just made more confusion lol

Are those stats from those links self reports??? I dont know if I want to believe this. Salary for PTs in GA?????? C'mon now!!!! You actually just made more confusion lol

That was a site that had all the states, if you really want to find what you would be looking for, I find salary.com to be the best. I just type in google 'washington PT salary' just switch your state with my state, and it should be in top 1-5 results.

That one site, yeah I noticed the salaries listed were a little below average, thanks for pointing that out.

The links have been changed, check them now tell me if that's in your ballpark.. sorry bout that