PT school essentials

adpt09

Jul 18, 2019
  1. Pre-Physical Therapy
    Question for anyone that can answer: How often do you use a stethoscope in PT school? Is it worth investing the money into a Littmann or get something cheaper like an MDF?

I have one that came with a PT Kit, but I swear it is so flimsy, and feels like its a one time use one type of thing...

kdubz7w7

2+ Year Member
    Jun 28, 2017
    1. Physical Therapist
      Question for anyone that can answer: How often do you use a stethoscope in PT school? Is it worth investing the money into a Littmann or get something cheaper like an MDF?

I have one that came with a PT Kit, but I swear it is so flimsy, and feels like its a one time use one type of thing...

Just use the kit one. Not worth spending the money for something you'll only use on practicals. IF you find you need one later down the road for clinic or a job, invest in one then.

Reactions: 1 user
      About the Ads

ya1

2+ Year Member
      Mar 9, 2019

Used it maybe 3 times. And for those who did not have it, they were provided. Buy the cheapest one if you have to. One time use is a perfect one.

Reactions: 1 user

twoburgers

Jun 29, 2020
        1. Pre-Physical Therapy
          Hello Everyone, I am applying to PT School and I would love if someone can give advice on schools I should apply to based on my stats.

cGPA: 3.2
          pqGPA: 3.4
          Observation Hours: 200 (inpatient and outpatient combined)
          GRE: not taken yet
          Volunteer: 3 years Big Brothers Big Sisters
          Organizations Apart of: ACS (Senator), BBBS (President), Student Ambassador, Psi Chi Honor Society, Caribbean Students Organization

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.