PT schools that dont weigh GRE as heavy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

delacmic

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to know if you guys know of any PT schools that don't weigh the GRE's as heavy as some others on the east coast? I've studied for them for months and I'm still having no luck getting a good score, unfortunately. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just wanted to know if you guys know of any PT schools that don't weigh the GRE's as heavy as some others on the east coast? I've studied for them for months and I'm still having no luck getting a good score, unfortunately. Thanks!
I go to Marist in NY. I am *not sure* if anything has changed, but for my cohort, they only considered the written - not quant or verbal. I think their minimal accepted score was a 3.5. Not sure if that helps you but it sure helped me!

Do some research on PTCAS, the information you want is already on there. Some schools do not even require the GRE.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've received invites for interviews with a GRE of 157 Q, 144 V, 3.5 AW! Anything is possible! Just make sure you have a strong well-rounded application and that you're passionate about the field

Reactions: 1 user
I received interviews with a 146V 149Q 3.5W. Look for programs that look at the whole application. Jefferson University in Philadelphia does not require GRE and they are a great program. I got offered the chance to interview with them a week after I applied.

Reactions: 1 users
Thankfully, most schools don't place much emphasis on the GRE. If you have a strong GPA, plenty of clinical hours (in a variety of settings), good references; then the GRE won't make or break you. If you are a well rounded student, a "low" GRE score probably will not affect you too much. Remember, the GRE is only part of your application; it's not the whole story.

Reactions: 1 users