PTCAS Essay prompt 2017~2018?

Upupthere

May 17, 2017
  1. DPT / OTD
    Is it going to be the same as 2016-2017 cycle?

What is professionalism in the context of being a student in a doctor of physical therapist degree program?

If anyone have idea please let me know. I want to know what i can do to prepare early for the essay part. Thank you!!

About the Ads

TwoSpinz

Jan 8, 2017
    1. Physical Therapy Student
      From the PTCAS Twitter feed:

PTCAS‏ @PTCAS Apr 27
      The 2017-18 PTCAS essay question will remain, "What is professionalism in the context of being a student in a [DPT] degree program?"

Good luck!
      Oops! I assumed that since 2015-16 was different that they changed every year. You know what happens when you assume -_-
      Is it going to be the same as 2016-2017 cycle?

What is professionalism in the context of being a student in a doctor of physical therapist degree program?

If anyone have idea please let me know. I want to know what i can do to prepare early for the essay part. Thank you!!
      If you ever need anyone to look over your essay I'm always willing to help.

Smash Atoms

2+ Year Member
      Mar 24, 2017
      1. Physical Therapy Student
        Gotta be honest here and say that I am totally not a huge fan of the essay prompt.
        I do appreciate that it isnt the canned question of "Why do you want to be a PT" (though that does exist as a few school specific questions this cycle it appears)....
        But its still a bit ambiguous and odd of a question when talking in terms of life experiences with a relatively short character limit.

dptwannabee1

2+ Year Member
        Aug 12, 2016
          Gotta be honest here and say that I am totally not a huge fan of the essay prompt.
          I do appreciate that it isnt the canned question of "Why do you want to be a PT" (though that does exist as a few school specific questions this cycle it appears)....
          But its still a bit ambiguous and odd of a question when talking in terms of life experiences with a relatively short character limit.

I agree and it was not my favorite about when writing it. What I did (and I was accepted to a number of schools so I guess I was on the right track), was come up with a unique perspective on something that was a part of my life for a long time, and tied it together with APTA qualities for professionalism (found on their site) and anecdotes of scenarios that correlated to give them a more personal glimpse. What I didn't do was just say this is what makes a professional PT a student and then give examples of why I was one. Certainly just one approach, but I felt good about my finished essay and got into a number of good programs.

Reactions: 3 users

utahpt1

2+ Year Member
          Jan 30, 2017
          1. Pre-Physical Therapy
            I agree and it was not my favorite about when writing it. What I did (and I was accepted to a number of schools so I guess I was on the right track), was come up with a unique perspective on something that was a part of my life for a long time, and tied it together with APTA qualities for professionalism (found on their site) and anecdotes of scenarios that correlated to give them a more personal glimpse. What I didn't do was just say this is what makes a professional PT a student and then give examples of why I was one. Certainly just one approach, but I felt good about my finished essay and got into a number of good programs.
            Thats super helpful! thanks

Reactions: 1 user
            About the Ads
            This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.