Public health anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prehealthstudent69

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I did a public health internship over the past summer which got me really interested in the field, but I def still want to pursue dentistry. Any ideas on how I can go about doing both? I also feel like not many dentists go into the public health field, so can this give me a slight advantage when applying as well?

Members don't see this ad.

There are many schools that offer a DDS/MPH dual degree program, and a fair amount of dentists go into the public health field.

Hey guys, so I did a public health internship over the past summer which got me really interested in the field, but I def still want to pursue dentistry. Any ideas on how I can go about doing both? I also feel like not many dentists go into the public health field, so can this give me a slight advantage when applying as well?

Like dual degree style? I don't know which do the dent degree & MPH, but when you say dental school and public health, ASDOH is the mother of all. I really don't know that too many schools will care too much about your interest alone. If you're into it, stay involved and pursue it and take care of your grades. It'll all fall into place. A few more programs are starting up that preach public health. So more options (seats) will be open.