Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Public Health Course AMCAS Classification?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by relentless11, Apr 1, 2004.

1. relentless11

relentless11 Going broke and loving it
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hi all,

I'm taking a public health course this quarter, and i'm wondering where that would fall for AMCAS. The course description doesn't really make me think it is a science course. Its pretty an upper division course about physician's responsibilities, obligations, roles and professional activities of various health care disciplines in the community; provides students with perspectives on preventive medicine in society.

Would this be a humanities course? I know its not an art course..hehe. But i don't think it is a science course. Who knows. Would be cool if it wasn't a science course though. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

2. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    social science/humanities type class...

there are some PH classes that are hard sciences but this isnt one of them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zinjanthropus

Physician Faculty 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    you can put epi and biostats courses in the bcpm section, but the management/organization/health ed classes are better classified under social science/hum.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. exmike

exmike NOR * CAL
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    i did this.

almost all of them are social-science courses. Some are hardcore science, but i was an infectious disease student so obviously some of my classes had to be hardcore science (bacteriology, virology, immunology)

5. relentless11

relentless11 Going broke and loving it
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Cool thanks!