Public health minor question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ipod01

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK so i am kind of interested in public health right now and am thinking of doing a minor in it. Is public health considered as a science field as well or is it kind of like humanities?? You know how colleges prefer their students to be well rounded and take humanities courses along with the usual sciences. Just curious.

Also, do you guys think i should pick up another minor instead because i am guessing i will eventually learn about public health in med school anyways.??

Members don't see this ad.

OK so i am kind of interested in public health right now and am thinking of doing a minor in it. Is public health considered as a science field as well or is it kind of like humanities?? You know how colleges prefer their students to be well rounded and take humanities courses along with the usual sciences. Just curious.

Also, do you guys think i should pick up another minor instead because i am guessing i will eventually learn about public health in med school anyways.??

if your interested in it do it. You can check what each course is catagorized as in your class catalog, most likely. Its probably mostly social sciences but check what they are classified as.

Yeah, we have a separate section called public health altogether. But my question was whether it is percieved as being science or related to humanities? i would say both.

And i am debating about doing a minor in int stds or public health. Should i minor in int stds instead since i will probably study public health in med school?

Its not considered a science because most of the courses are not categorized in the sciences. Its more of a social science.