Public health research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starspells

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello I was interested in getting involved in some public health research. I was wondering what people's experiences were with that type of research? Obviously it is very different from typical wet lab research.

Do you do you most of the work at home?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello I was interested in getting involved in some public health research. I was wondering what people's experiences were with that type of research? Obviously it is very different from typical wet lab research.

Do you do you most of the work at home?

Thanks

There are so many different aspects of public health. Some may involve collecting data in the field whether that is from human beings (surveys or biospecimens) or collecting samples from the environment (air, water, soil, dust, insects). It can involve data from public records or protected information in medical records in which case you may have to do the work on a secure network and not on your home computer. For infectious disease epidemiology and some occupational/environmental health science research there ARE wetlabs.

Reactions: 1 user