Public IVY, Low GPA, OK PCAT, 3 years of experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pbbtvv

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone! I've been an active reader on SDN forums for a very long time. My searches consist of "what are my chances, low gpa pharmacy schools, etc." But I thought I would create my own and see what you guys' opinions are.

I graduated from UT with a degree in Economics and minored in Chemistry.
cGPA= 2.8
sGPA=2.51
PCAT= 68% composite (75% on bio, 86% on chem)
Experience: Wal-Mart, Compounding Pharmacy (shut down), and now H-E-B

I know this isn't necessarily the right field to get into unless it is my passion (which it is). With the overproduction of pharmacy graduates and limited availabilities of jobs-- and also the oversaturated market in certain states (last time I read there was an oversupply of pharmacist in 16 states)-- I understand fully what I am getting myself into and am willing to accept ANY interview requests. What do you guys think MY chances are given my stats?

In addition, I have submitted all transcripts, my pharmCAS as well as my PCAT scores. I plan to take more upper division class in Spring 2017 to finish ALL prerequisites for ALL pharmacy schools.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Well you never know. I have low stats too but I'm applying this cycle anyway. Your pcat is not bad, but I think your gpa is low. I think my gpa (3.3) is low and my pcat (49) is just crappy. Just apply and if you don't get in, then apply again next cycle after you raise your gpa. That's kinda my plan, is to get a higher pcat if I don't get in this cycle. Best of luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Well you never know. I have low stats too but I'm applying this cycle anyway. Your pcat is not bad, but I think your gpa is low. I think my gpa (3.3) is low and my pcat (49) is just crappy. Just apply and if you don't get in, then apply again next cycle after you raise your gpa. That's kinda my plan, is to get a higher pcat if I don't get in this cycle. Best of luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thanks Wanderlust! Do you know any schools that guarantee everyone interviews as long as they meet the minimum requirement?