public service loan forgiveness and undergraduate loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acetylaldehyde

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just had a question about the PSLF program. I know after 10 years your federal loans are forgiven if you work for a non-profit hospital. Does this include all Perkins, Stafford (unsub and sub), and PLUS loans? And even the ones I got under undergrad? Starting medical school soon and just pondering. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Search PSLF in this forum - there's a lot of questions about it working for people already paying into it. It would include all the loans, not undergrad. I doubt it will be around if you are starting med school now. That's a good 15 years from now. I'm not even sure if America will be around then.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone,

I just had a question about the PSLF program. I know after 10 years your federal loans are forgiven if you work for a non-profit hospital. Does this include all Perkins, Stafford (unsub and sub), and PLUS loans? And even the ones I got under undergrad? Starting medical school soon and just pondering. Thanks!

Don't have the time to look it up right now tbh but they've already decided to cap that at below $50k I believe... Hope you can prove me wrong but I remember recently reading about it

Hey everyone,

If you borrow after 1 July 2015, you're likely to be capped at $57,500.

http://educatedrisk.org/analysis/of...ed-budget-pslf-caps-paye-benefits-limitations

Reactions: 1 user