public service loan forgiveness and undergraduate loans

Discussion in 'Allopathic' started by acetylaldehyde, 05.20.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. acetylaldehyde

acetylaldehyde

Pre-Medical
    Hey everyone,

I just had a question about the PSLF program. I know after 10 years your federal loans are forgiven if you work for a non-profit hospital. Does this include all Perkins, Stafford (unsub and sub), and PLUS loans? And even the ones I got under undergrad? Starting medical school soon and just pondering. Thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. @JackShephard

@JackShephard

Search PSLF in this forum - there's a lot of questions about it working for people already paying into it. It would include all the loans, not undergrad. I doubt it will be around if you are starting med school now. That's a good 15 years from now. I'm not even sure if America will be around then.

coffeesnob likes this.
  4. pathologyDO

pathologyDO MS-3 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Don't have the time to look it up right now tbh but they've already decided to cap that at below $50k I believe... Hope you can prove me wrong but I remember recently reading about it

5. Mt Kilimanjaro

Mt Kilimanjaro

If you borrow after 1 July 2015, you're likely to be capped at $57,500.

http://educatedrisk.org/analysis/of...ed-budget-pslf-caps-paye-benefits-limitations

pathologyDO likes this.

About the ads